Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Cheapest Registrar ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just regged a name through them to test the waters... 'immediate registration' it says on front page...control panel tells a different story though.

Attention!

The ?????????.co.uk domain is still being registered! Changing DNS configuration, creating or modifying email accounts and using other administration services provided by this Control Panel is therefore currently impossible.

IMPORTANT! The ?????????.co.uk domain registration has begun and will be completed in a few days. You must wait until the end of the procedure before carrying out other operations on the domain.

Please contact our technical support ONLY if the transfer or the registration takes longer than the usual (after 5/6 days of receiving this message).

Mmmmm looks like I'll have to wait and see if it was £3.48 inc vat @20%wasted

Dave

Keep us posted how it goes.

Don't 123-reg advertise guaranteed lowest UK reg prices?

Well got an email from them, I'm now the reg'd owner. :)
Control panel's a bit quirky with some italian error messages coming up. If anyone wants to see who runs the show, goto taxappeal.co.uk and 'whois' it.

:-? Can't find anywhere to optout the whois?? :-?

Will ask for IPS TAG change later, see how they fare then, and how long it takes. If all goes well, I'm gonna get some more....

Cheers

Dave

What I cannot work out is how they are charging less than
Nominet charges its own members , or are they relying on you buying hosting to make up the loss ?.

DG

I think that's probably the idea. But its a business plan on shaky foundations if it is! But if it's there and ok I'll be doing whar dave does and save 90p per domain :)

Yep unless they do a "firevision", or maybe they'll quickly build up a massive credit with Nominet and...Not saying they will though.

DG

Well my TAG request went through in really fast time. Looks like I might dip the toe a few more times.

Dave

I'd like to see what happens if I put all of our registrations through them for a few days and then moved to our own tag :)

Something tells me they'd change their policy fairly quickly.

Yep, I prefer to pay a bit extra and feel safer than to risk
it at the moment as im sure it wont last. Best registrar ive
found is domaincity.co.uk

DG

any reason why they ask for your tax code when registering a name?? I tried to reg a few names and that is one of the fields in the form.

This sounds extremely dodgy to me, the only people who should ever know your tax code is the hmrc, yourself and your employer!!! Beware!

I thought so too and didn't go through with it - mmmm. too good to be true i guess

I have just checked the registration process of this site (www.clarence.com) and it does not ask for this information only Vat ID if registered.

I just went back after reading your post danny - seems if you click on the company radiobutton at the top it asks for VAT number, if you choose individual instead, it changes over and asks you for your tax code.

danny said:
This sounds extremely dodgy to me, the only people who should ever know your tax code is the hmrc, yourself and your employer!!! Beware!

Hmm, probably just some quirky Italian law that requires them to,

DG

www.lcn.biz is my favourite.
It £8.81p per reg (.co.uk) though.
Instant reg and good telephone support/admin panel.
No bulk editing facility though (eg: GoDaddy's).

.co.uk
----------

"Just put 'NULL' in like I did"
Thanks Dave, worked a treat - just regged a few.

Jim

domaingenius said:
Hmm, probably just some quirky Italian law that requires them to,

DG
Quite possibly, IIRC if you register an Italian domain (.it) you have to give either a company number (if a company) or your NI number (if an individual)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom