Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

What to do with .uk pairs of sold brandable .co.uk's?

Reaction score
We sold a brandable .co.uk last year that was based on a pun (ie: highly specific). The buyer purchased the .co.uk via BIN so there was no negotiation and I just transferred the .co.uk.

I'm not sure what to do with the .uk though. It's very specific, so I'm not holding my breath that another buyer would want it without the .co.uk and I could see us just being stuck paying renewals or letting it drop.

Tbh I should have just asked Dan support to ask them if they wanted it at the time as it would have made sense to include it (the BIN was a decent price so I'm happy to include it). There's no site on the domain yet, so can't contact them directly.

Just curious to know what you lot would you do here?

If you got a good/high price then i would renew the .uk for 5 years and re park it with the same price you sold the .co.uk and leave it. If they havent come to you within 5 years then let it drop, if they re enquire for it outside of Dan then just ask for your 5 years renewals you paid.

If you got a good/high price then i would renew the .uk for 5 years and re park it with the same price you sold the .co.uk and leave it. If they havent come to you within 5 years then let it drop, if they re enquire for it outside of Dan then just ask for your 5 years renewals you paid.

That's not a bad idea, it was over $2k so a few years of renewals isn't a huge deal.

I generally transfer the .uk when a buyer buys the co.uk, even if they don't want it.

We are getting a lot of up sales by offering the .co.uk or .uk if they come in for one we offer the other too

That's what I normally do as well - either throw in the .uk or use it as part of the negotiating. This was a BIN on Dan though and they handled the transfer, so I don't have the buyers transfer details or any communication with them.

That's not a bad idea, it was over $2k so a few years of renewals isn't a huge deal.

That's what I normally do as well - either throw in the .uk or use it as part of the negotiating. This was a BIN on Dan though and they handled the transfer, so I don't have the buyers transfer details or any communication with them.

If there is a site on the co.uk then you could reach out

Yeah I did think of that. There's no site and they haven't updated the nameservers yet either. Domain sold about 6 months ago.

Got to worth renewing and hanging tight till something happens on the current site at least. Then contact and offer a decent deal on it. Depending on the niche if you were planning on dropping even offer it to them for some product or service possibly.

I generally transfer the .uk when a buyer buys the co.uk, even if they don't want it.

Yes, this would be the best approach. The buyer will appreciate it and it can create additional possible business in the future.

Have a lough that he should fire his marketing man/girl if they don't understand this :)

Or, just prolong as advised above, if they don't want it for free.

Congratulations on the sale!

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom