Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Domain Name Managment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey Acorners, I'm sure that this question has been asked before but can't find a relevant thread...
After realising that I have an overzealous 62 domains, I'm finding it hard to keep my spreadsheet up to date with all the settings, dates, etc. What does everyone else use software-wise?

I've only a small number (under 15) and you're more advanced than me as I'm on a card system, but others have suggested a database (which excel effectively is). But I'm sure the more experienced members here will advise better solutions.

with 62 domains, excel should really be fine. what are you finding hard to keep uptodate? the renewal date? Once entered, it's just a case of knowing it needs renewing every 2 years.

I don't think its worth moving to a database or anything more complicated with your number of domains.

I have about the same, but keep everything on Excel.

In terms of renewal dates I have a little script on the cell which changes the date to a red colour if within one month of renewal date, makes it stand out.

You could add them all to a SQL database on your server and keep control with a basic CMS - that way you can even program it to email you as renewals are drawing near

Cheers for the replies, it's not that I'm really struggling... I just thought that there must be a more efficient way to keep track of my current names, droplists and watchlists, something like 'watch my domains pro'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts