Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Domain Renewal not processed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I renewed 4 domains at 123-reg.co.uk on the 7th March, yet the whois hasn't changed yet even though 123-reg.co.uk sent me an invoice for it.

I have contacted their support to see why but it just goes to show, makes sure your renewals are processed, don't just assume they were because you received a bill!

Wow thanks Admin, I've just checked all my recent renewals and found four domains that haven't been done yet.

I paid 123-reg on the 2nd March and yet still nothing, the renewal date on all four domains is 9th March so I'm a little concerned, looks like I have to fire off an email to them. :( :(

The worrying thing is that the domains show up in the "View Your Domains as a List" as being renewed, which means that 123-reg would not have known that they were going to be deleted, and with the user assuming (like I did) that the domains are OK for another two years, the domains would have been lost.

Very very bad.

Last edited:
I had a domain expiring 28th Feb, paid renewal via. 123reg on 3rd of March. 6th of March it still wasn't renewed. I tag transferred to someone else so he could renew it for me. I have been fighting 123reg for the last 3 days for a refund. No joy so far, they are adamant that they renewed it.

Last edited:
I too have had several names showing as 'renewal required' in spite of renewing them a couple of weeks ago through 123Reg. I emailed support and they seem to act on the email about 3 days later as they have now renewed the one up for renewal on 4 March but have yet to reply to my email sent to them yesterday! Have to say though, they are generally the best company for UK domains in my opinion...

Just had an email back from their support saying "I have now renewed the domain names."

I will make sure I always check they do the renewals after this!

I got:

Hi,

Thanks for your email,

My apologies for this error, I have now restarted the transfer for you.

WTF?! I didn't ask about anything to do with a transfer. They haven't managed to get 1 thing right so far.

WooHoo! third mail to them explaining everything in time order bullet pointed and they finally understood and refunded me! Response within 24 hours too which is a first :)

123-reg were faultless until pipex took over.

now their support is about as much use and a penis flavoured condom!!!!

i have sent 3 emails in as many days and my problem is stil not sorted.

I'm seriously getting very concerned for my four domains which are now showing "Renewal required" in the whois even though I paid 123-reg the renewal fee for all four domains over a week ago. I have always renewed my domains about a week before the "Renewal date" and up until now 123-reg have been faultless and I've been really happy with them, but for some unknown reason they did not renew the domains and now are refusing to answer my emails (I've sent two) emails pleading with them to renew them.

I've even received four RENEWAL REMINDER emails from Nominet requesting that I renew the domains within seven days or I will lose them.

I will send one more email in the hope that their customer support finally snaps to life and renews them, if that fails I will be forced to transfer all my 90 domains to another registrar which I don't want to do as 123-reg have been really good to me over the last five years, also then I've got the hassle of taking 123-reg to the small claims court to get my four domain renewal fee (£27.17) back. :(

I just don't get it, why would a great company like 123-reg treat me (and probably others) so badly when I been a very loyal and happy customer for so long, surely all they are going to achieve is sending people to other companies like 1and1, etc.

Sorry for the rant.

Last edited:
domaingenius said:
I would seriously transfer your domains to www.domaincity.co.uk If youve got a lot of names they'll give you a price near to 123's and no hassles.

DG

All prices exclude VAT at 17.5% charged to EU residents only.

how can they do this when 123-REG charges VAT to non-residents?

123reg

I have few hundred domains at 123...no problem...once you reg and can use domain on line surely it is reg, even if whois or paperwork is slow, if not reg, it does not exist = you cannot type domain?

Does anyone know of a contact at 123-reg or Pipex who I can speak to personally (phone or email) regarding the renewal of domains, as 123-reg are flatly refusing to answer my emails, I've sent three in the last few days.

Also, because I've already paid 123-reg (9 days ago) for the renewal of the four domains but they refuse to renew them, can I phone up Nominet and if I explain the situation and email the 123-reg reciept to them, would they renew them for me instead?

they finaly emailed me back about my problem... took 3-4 days.

i think 123-reg could loose a lot of business if they dont get it sorted soon!

Well, I've just got an email from them and they've now renewed my domains so I'm happy again.

The only downside is that it now takes 3 days for them to answer support emails which is really unacceptable, but apart from that they're a great company just bad customer service.

Glad to say after talking to 'the management' in Pipex and 123Reg, my renewals are all done for March!...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom