Membership is FREE – with unlimited access to all features, tools, and discussions. Premium accounts get benefits like banner ads and newsletter exposure. ✅ Signature links are now free for all. Share your own thoughts and experience, accounts may be terminated for violations.
  • Welcome to AcornDomains.co.uk, a friendly community for UK domain investors, developers and anyone interested in domain names.

    Whether you're looking to buy or sell domains, learn more about the UK domain market, get feedback on your names, or simply chat with other domainers, you're in the right place. AcornDomains has been bringing together people from across the UK domain industry for many years, from complete beginners to experienced investors.

    Have a look around, join the discussions and, if you haven't already, create a free account and introduce yourself.

Drop Catch

Joined
Oct 1, 2026
Posts
5
Reaction score
1
I operate OPS Domains under the brand and website sympli.uk. Check it out. These are mostly drop caught domains. Note all domains have an image to make them look more appealing (not sure if it does or not, I welcome feedback).

I have missed a few recently, mostly by a few milliseconds. gb.uk was one I was particularly keen on. I missed it by 0.006 seconds (0.6 of a millisecond). Very close.

Any thoughts of using SEDO to sell? They dont seem to have many UK names. DomainLore has lots but the majority go unsold. My issue is that many of my names are potentially very valuable. ops.co.uk, for example should get in excess of £8,000 and ChatGPT even suggested maybe as much as £30k to the right buyer. With DominLore I would want to put a reserve of say £7,000 but this would cost be £700 and be non refundable. Not a very attractive prospect.

Any suggestions on a value? Also a number of 2 letter ones (8r.co.uk, 1l.org.uk, 1m.org.uk and others). Even a single character one 2.me.uk. I have a few me.uk ones although these seem to have little interest. They can only be bought by private individuals but they can be used for anything, including commercial operations. Any suggestions on value?
 
You operate ops.uk but are interested in selling ops.co.uk? Wouldn't the .co.uk domain be useful for your business? Do you intend to continue trading with ops.uk after selling ops.co.uk? I'm just curious as this seems odd to me, I'm not looking to buy.
 
Top Bottom