Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

DRS consultation - get yer responses in by Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last survey before Monday:

http://www.andrewbennett.co.uk/drs/survey.txt

I now make it:

IP Lawyers: 9

PAB: 1 overall response and 4 individual

Experts: 11

Domainers: 27 (21 Nominet members)

Other companies: 23 (5 Nominet members)

Unknown Stakeholders: 26

*Those that have had DRS cases: 10

Those who have had DRS cases but they didn't quite get to judge judy multiply by an imaginary number. Add one for me.

Those who have had DRS cases but they didn't quite get to judge judy multiply by an imaginary number. Add one for me.

I think you may have accidentally stumbled on the answer to this whole debate - all DRS cases to be decided by Judge Judy. That I would pay to watch, especially if she'd have dealt with bounce.co.uk and ghd.co.uk :)

I notice the site hasnt been updated.. anyone know why nominet are not publishing the remainding submissions?

with all rspect is there/ was ther a need to create a pdf file... Seems a tad odd!!

with all rspect is there/ was ther a need to create a pdf file... Seems a tad odd!!

www.keysurvey.com

Most Popular Features: Results export to Excel, Pdf, SPSS, PowerPoint

Some people will also have sent responses via email and Word document etc.

I sent mine in as a Word Document and nows its "16196_Andrew_Bennett.pdf"

Then i'd expect Nominet to have some document management system on that /digitalAssets/ folder

Hoey

Cheers for that..

I still wonder if Nominet will add any further responses...

Final survey:

http://www.andrewbennett.co.uk/drs/survey.txt

IP Lawyers: 10

PAB: 1 overall response and 4 individual (Nominet members)

Experts: 13

Domainers: 35 (25 Nominet members)

Other companies: 30 (9 Nominet members)

Unknown Stakeholders: 34

*Those that have had DRS cases: 13

Interesting figures Whois.

Mind you, most Experts are also IP lawyers - so does that mean there were around 23 IP lawyers? Did you count me in there?! ;)

Over 120 responses - so the split n the formal questions is likely (though not certain) to hang on what the "others" had to say.

Quite a few people questioned whether it was a good idea for Nominet to run the DRS - and suggested it be handed to a third party. Does anyone else think it may be an idea to gather as many of the 120 as we can to say we'd like it looked into formally as a pre-cursor to the rest of the review - and if we get to a significant number, submit the request to Nominet ASAP.

I second that.

It seems that there perhaps wasn't enough qualitative research before asking the very limited scope of questions on this questionnaire.

Maybe the qualitative element of the responses could be evaluated and a secondary questionnaire prepared with those values addressed. Or even a proper qualitative consultation prior to a more representative questionnaire.

yesterday

Quite a few people questioned whether it was a good idea for Nominet to run the DRS - and suggested it be handed to a third party. Does anyone else think it may be an idea to gather as many of the 120 as we can to say we'd like it looked into formally as a pre-cursor to the rest of the review - and if we get to a significant number, submit the request to Nominet ASAP.
...Good idea - I would also go further - to petition Nominet to put it to a vote with it's Members and Registrants via a ballot - especially as Emilly Taylor at the consultation event said Nominet wanted Registrants to be very much included in the DRS Consultation!

Regards,

Sneezy.

...Good idea - I would also go further - to petition Nominet to put it to a vote with it's Members and Registrants via a ballot - especially as Emilly Taylor at the consultation event said Nominet wanted Registrants to be very much included in the DRS Consultation!

Regards,

Sneezy.

ok where can we do a petition on this and how.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom