Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Eclipse ,any good ?

Discussion in 'ISP' started by inshallah, Jun 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inshallah

inshallah Member

Good morning
    Does anyone on here know of the ISP Eclipse, and if so are they any good and what is their support like ?.

Cheers

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. BFTUK United Kingdom

BFTUK Active Member

Highly recommended.

I use them in my office.

Support is good. If there is a problem you usually can't get through because other users are reporting it.

The only time i have spoken to them they were very efficient and got the problem sorted in 30 seconds.

4. tifosi United Kingdom

tifosi Well-Known Member

very good. Not the cheapest. I use for work/vpn. No port blocking as far as I can see, and a static IP. Very good when I recently moved house. Billing software could be better.

S

5. rob

rob Founding Member

Likewise v.good, I know several who use them including myself with no problems so far (touch wood).

They have recently been taken over by Kingston I think (not 100% on this) but does not seem to have affected service.

6. inshallah

inshallah Member

Great, thank you for the information. By chance, do they give out static IP's ?

Cheers

7. invincible

invincible Well-Known Member

If you want one, or two, they'll allow you to have them. You can also change them in your control panel. If you want a range, you have to justify why via a RIPE form.

Personally I think Eclipse have gone down hill. They are one of the original "proper" ISPs, however a lot of people complained at the performance of the MaxDSL product when they changed to it from Flex. You might like to consult the Eclipse forum on www.adslguide.org.uk for more user accounts of the ISP.

8. inshallah

inshallah Member

Have any of you on this thread got static IPC's with eclipse on which you host a website , and more to the point are those static ip's reliable enough ?

Cheers

9. invincible

invincible Well-Known Member

You don't host a "reliable" web site on the end of a broadband connection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.