Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

End user posing as a domainer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have recently sold some domans to another 'domainer' who was actually acting on behalf of an enduser and I am talking BIG end user. I have to admit they were very smart in how they operated and conducted the transaction, which will become apparent when you see how they done it.

I did consider doing a blog post with the exact details of how it happened, but then thought it doesn't make sense to post the exact details in public as this 'company' might then become aware and change the tactic they are using.

I have already shared the details with a few others who have asked me via Twitter, but I am happy to share the exact details with anyone else who would like to know more, as it is worth knowing for future reference / other domain approaches.

Email me [email protected] and I will mail you back with details.

Sounds interesting, just sent you an email, Frank.

Would like to know too ... Email sent! Cheers.

Can you post it in the "Exclusives" section?, that is hidden from Google.

Hi Frank.

I’m certain I’ve had the same happen to me in the past – but, with a .com.

I’m interested in how your contact played it out, thanks for offering to share

email sent

Hi Ray

Check your inbox :)

Also anyone else that has contacted me up until 6.27pm has now had a reply to their email.

Thanks

I have emailed you Frank

As I've mentioned to Frank, this is not uncommon in the States, i've even posted their commision rates here on Acorn in the past.

they quite often act as middlemen both soliciting (specific domains) and advertising directly to businesses and corporations. It was only a matter of time till a few here in the UK picked up on the ' apparent' success of the model in the States

No worries fellas - glad you found the information was interesting and you agreed that it was very clever like I did :)

Thanks for the info, I suspect though, that if it hadn't have been trademarked this would have been a different story.

Thanks for sharing! Always do a KYC on buyers to the full extent possible especially when it comes to certain names. Very interesting transaction!

I would have felt like I had been mugged - a little bit! LOL!

Last edited:
Thanks for that Frank.

The sneaky little buggers!

i would be interested in having the info please Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom