Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

End user posing as a domainer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Granted it is always good to know who you are selling to but it shouldn't really influence the way you deal with a sale. The price quoted is the same for everyone.

Granted it is always good to know who you are selling to but it shouldn't really influence the way you deal with a sale. The price quoted is the same for everyone.

Not really as simple as that in this case Garth - DM me your email and you will see what I mean from the full details, as what happened is quite extraordinary by anyones standards.

I'm intrigued. I guess all sorts go on. PM containing my email address sent!

i haven't read the offered word transaction but my answer is based on the opening statement, and i agree with foz, why should it matter, isn't it just like an estate agent? or a person at an auction on a mobile phone to the buyer?

you are the seller and accepted the price, once thats over why does it matter who got it unless you are saying " if i knew it was DISNEY, then i would have upped my price" , and really if it was Disney why should you have the right to do that?

Do you buy domains and say " well i own all these others like it and thats why i want this one? " of course you don't.

buy it for best you can , sell it for best you can and move on.

tim

Not really as simple as that in this case Garth - DM me your email and you will see what I mean from the full details, as what happened is quite extraordinary by anyones standards.

OK, i missed that post although i thought i had read them all, i'll PM you for the details and sorry if it turns out i was wrong, plus i will post i was wrong if be the case

tim

domainseller2000, i tried to send you a message but your mailbox is full

tim

Thanks for the email, Frank, what a slippery git eh, and in the same position, a lot of businesses would probably do the exact same thing as he did, nothing we can do to stop it really.

If you have your own domain for sale page, you can at least do some searching on the details of the person wanting to buy a domain but, that doesn't mean you'll find the details you want if they are using fake details, hands are pretty much tied with this kind of thing.

I got played like a little domain bitch with JSE/co/uk a year ago.

Some bloke kept phoning me up wanting it for the 'Junior Skills Enterprise' he was about to set up.

I knew it was bollox, I told him so. He even had a South African accent and was from Johannesburg.. sold in the end was sick of the calls. I made a few quid on it but where did it end up a few weeks after sale?

Johannesburg Stock Exchange :rolleyes:

btw do email me frank - like to know who the player is..

I have recently sold some domans to another 'domainer' who was actually acting on behalf of an enduser and I am talking BIG end user. I have to admit they were very smart in how they operated and conducted the transaction, which will become apparent when you see how they done it.

I did consider doing a blog post with the exact details of how it happened, but then thought it doesn't make sense to post the exact details in public as this 'company' might then become aware and change the tactic they are using.

I have already shared the details with a few others who have asked me via Twitter, but I am happy to share the exact details with anyone else who would like to know more, as it is worth knowing for future reference / other domain approaches.

Email me [email protected] and I will mail you back with details.

Email sent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom