Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Fresh Store Builder Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes perfect sense Carey,

I did add them before licencing sorry

Thanks so much

Think it would be easier to just add them all again.

No problem at all Caz and I am happy to help :)

Without wading through documentation how easy it if I wanted to either modify the html/css of a skin, or essentially create a new one?

It's one of the reasons I didn't go with associate-o-matic.

For example if I have WP site and put the shop in /shop. I'd want to seamlessly give the whole site the same look & feel. I'd effectively be ripping apart the html source for the wp theme and creating a new skin based on the header & footer then plugging in the shop to the content section - with some nav as well.

I know it comes with a couple of skins, but if I wanted to create my own and plug in the required functionality is this possible? Is this section encrypted in some way? I know my way around html/css/php/jquery so that's not a problem.

I know there's a comprehensive template editor for colours etc but I'm assuming this is going to create a lot of inline css?

Questions! :)

Hey tifosi, thanks for the questions :)

We have a template system based on Smarty and a number of our members have created their own templates. It is similar in difficulty to creating a WP Theme and none of the code for templating is encrypted in any way.

As you are looking to use a WP Site and shop side by side you might find this useful.. we created WP versions of each of our FSB templates so that the design is seamless. On top of that we have the "Fresh Store Builder WP Plugin" which will bridge your store with your blog.

That means you can show your products, the customers shopping cart, your categories etc. directly on the blog. The plugin doesn't run on it's own, it uses the data and setup of your store.

Hopefully that makes sense and you can find the templates, themes and plugin here:

www.freshwebmarket.com

Also if you are a keen template developer then you can list your template for sale on the above link. We have had members do this and generate a great income from them.

Ok, thanks.

Smarty... eugggh! Had multiple arguments over the years of the value of templating engines. I'm firmly in the camp of native php using the alternative php syntax such as foreach () : ... endforeach; Used smarty in the past so should get up to speed fast enough.

So long as the actual skin is broken down in a modular way such as a wp theme then I'll be able to follow it.

Hopefully the offer will still be live tonight! :)

S

Ok, thanks.

Smarty... eugggh! Had multiple arguments over the years of the value of templating engines. I'm firmly in the camp of native php using the alternative php syntax such as foreach () : ... endforeach; Used smarty in the past so should get up to speed fast enough.

So long as the actual skin is broken down in a modular way such as a wp theme then I'll be able to follow it.

S

Is the discount still available - it goes through to warriorforum at the moment?

Thanks
Stephen.

Yes it is - you can order it from that Warrior Forum special offer for $47

Is the discount still available - it goes through to warriorforum at the moment?

Thanks
Stephen.

Yeh I was torn on the idea of using Smarty.. I am a coder and if it was just me building templates I wouldn't have Smarty. But it does scare some people to be using PHP code and it introduces bad practices with mixing php and presentation code.

Anyway its all very nicely organised. The offer will still be available tonight :)

Ok, thanks.

S

Surely this sort of thing can't work anymore. I'd love to see an FSB site ranking for something on an EMD.

I decided it wasn't for me. But if you have traffic or very niche domains and time on your hands I think it could be good.

Ive also purchased it at the reduced rate and am happy to share any progress.
I think its really best on very niche terms but will try with a few domains and see what happens.

Ive also purchased it at the reduced rate and am happy to share any progress.
I think its really best on very niche terms but will try with a few domains and see what happens.

I have also bought it, am going to be using it on a few nice product names. Will share the progress when i get the hang of it :)

I have just revived a site that had died due to duplicate content. £35 from axon this month ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom