Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Get Your DRS Response In NOW!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got mine in, should have given it more time, still I managed to get a few points across, although I'm not sure if they will make too much sense, far too rushed:)

Nominets duty

Mr Willoughby made a very interesting comment 'The timing of rights. This could usefully be clarified. It’s amazing to me how many people do not seem to appreciate that an abusive use can occur in relation to an originally legitimate registration and in circumstances where the complainant’s rights ost date the registration of the domain name.'

Nominet, experts and Government have a duty to educate the registrant on how to act with their domain names. Mr Willoughby has acknowledged that many registrants do not understand rights....not surprising when judges, experts and attorneys seem to differ in their opinions.

Registrants are not registered with the Law society they are mere laymen.

Lee

Interesting that there was such a variety of responses including the experts, which themselves were not the same as anyone elses.

And yet they - individually - are asked to determine the rights to others' assets.

What a stupid, stupid, system.

IMO the questions were all wrong in the survey and served to concrete the narrow choices given to a narrow mindset.

They are in danger of counting up the no's and yes's and conclude it was a success and that everything is ok within the existing boundaries when they should have been asking much bigger questions - like "Should Nominet, a registrar of domains, and selected individuals chosen by Nominet, have any authority at all to decide on the ownership or useage of a domain, or should it be left to a more independent and representative body like the courts to decide such fundamental rights?".

Questions that the self-lauding questionnaire preparers would never think to ask.

-aqls-

IMO the questions were all wrong in the survey and served to concrete the narrow choices given to a narrow mindset.

They are in danger of counting up the no's and yes's and conclude it was a success and that everything is ok within the existing boundaries when they should have been asking much bigger questions - like "Should Nominet, a registrar of domains, and selected individuals chosen by Nominet, have any authority at all to decide on the ownership or useage of a domain, or should it be left to a more independent and representative body like the courts to decide such fundamental rights?".

Questions that the self-lauding questionnaire preparers would never think to ask.

-aqls-

I agree aqls - and said so in my submission. So too - amongst others - did JAC. If he and I agree on something, it must be worth looking into further!

Might I suggest that someone puts together a single question along the lines of your own - but rather asking for an open investigation of alternative suppliers of a similar service - and then we invite people who submitted responses to the consultation to say whether they'd like that to happen now.

If somewhere approaching half of the consultation respondents says they'd like an alternative supplier(s) to be formally investigated and considered - then it would be interesting to see what Nominet said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom