Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

How do you short list revenue producing sites to buy?

Reaction score
I was wondering what criteria others are using to short list sites? Or how they find them?

In the past, I've actually focused a lot on researching the seller before spending too much time analysing the site, and that's tended to work in my favour.

I found my best sites by manually emailing 100+ I thought would be a fit. Nowadays though, most buyers just want too much.

Direct contact has always been best from a purchasing point of view because of the possibility of grabbing a bargain before the masses ascend , but agreed now days people are much more savy to potential max value or indeed they are in good financial situations and have no need to sell for standard pricing.

People have also become savy that revenue multiples are not necessarily the best way of valuing an over all sale price and there could be other attributes which add value, bad news for buyers........good news for sellers if they are able to attract buyers of the right kind.

Buying and selling was much easier between 2008 and 2013 to make good sales and purchases, there was an obvious decline after that point in my opinion and I've purchased very little of value since then.

Criteria and thoughts...

Subjects I have in an interest in
Domain Authority and quality, lifespan of backlinks
Current Ranking health
Repeat visitors
Evergreen / Not 'trendy'
Low effort to manage ( I clearly dont stick to this one..)
Google search to find them
Tried Flippa, mostly overpriced garbage (only bought 1 site from there and its proven good though)
Use a website broker

NB. I've bought around 10 sites and 9 of those in the last 12 months.

Thanks for the thoughts.

I was waiting to see how long it was until Flippa was mentioned.

The only sites I've purchased there were low $x,xxx and for flipping only.

Forgot to mention, as well as revenue...I do a rough calc on cost of Content+design+traffic value (how much would it take to SEO, get that social media presence and so on) when it comes to actual valuation.

Have you had a look around latonas.com ? On their facebook page they often have some interesting large revenue models. Havent looked at them myself for a while but might be worth a look if your struggling.

It's been a while since I looked on there. I'll check it out. Thanks.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom