Membership is FREE – with unlimited access to all features, tools, and discussions. Premium accounts get benefits like banner ads and newsletter exposure. ✅ Signature links are now free for all. Share your own thoughts and experience, accounts may be terminated for violations.
  • Welcome to AcornDomains.co.uk, a friendly community for UK domain investors, developers and anyone interested in domain names.

    Whether you're looking to buy or sell domains, learn more about the UK domain market, get feedback on your names, or simply chat with other domainers, you're in the right place. AcornDomains has been bringing together people from across the UK domain industry for many years, from complete beginners to experienced investors.

    Have a look around, join the discussions and, if you haven't already, create a free account and introduce yourself.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal InvestmentAdvice (.co)(.uk)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
Dec 7, 2005
Posts
714
Reaction score
27
Hi All,

InvestmentAdvice (.co)(.uk) and Investment-Advice (.co)(.uk)

I've finally figured out that I'll probably never do anything with these domain names so I should sell them.

Dealers here will pitch at the lower end of the price range, but what do any acorn people think they could be worth if I put a bit of effort into selling them, perhaps finding an end-user? What marketing route would they suggest?

Many thanks,

Luke
 
This got me Googling, and I found some good advice here:

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mjd45ehfii/jack-bogle-5/

With regard to your domain, this type of domain is the classic where it's not as valuable as you might at first think. The reason is, anyone who is serious about investment advice will also want to use an exclusive and unique brand name. That leaves your domain for people that might try to develop some kind of guide or directory site, and there's not a lot of money in that.

What do you think it's worth, and what would you be happy with? I could see a very good sale at £3 to 5k, which would be to a small investment advice firm that wanted a vanity url. I think it would be hard to get more than that, because bigger players would want a unique brand.

As ever, the way to sell it is to contact as many people as you think might be interested, say it's for sale, and invite them to make an offer.

Rgds
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom