Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Is Stella Fair or Ivan Ballard on here

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are STOP asking me do i want yout SEO services FFS :)

Seriously how the F%$^£$ do you stop getting emails from these people.

When I saw those two names I knew what was coming lol funnily enough I just added their latest IP 182.68.125.136 to my server blacklist

i think there IP changes. I was templted to block 182.68.*.* but host says thats the main indian provider (i think he said indian) so wasnt advisable. Does anyone think it is a good idea to block the whole country or bad.

The one that winds me up is the marketing list sales emails. I reckon I get 30+ of those every single day!

Been getting these for seems like years on all my sites. Very tiresome indeed /-/

i think there IP changes. I was templted to block 182.68.*.* but host says thats the main indian provider (i think he said indian) so wasnt advisable. Does anyone think it is a good idea to block the whole country or bad.

Depends if you know anyone in India, or do business with any companies based there. If not, why not just filter the whole country at IP level and get a cleaner mailbox?

Depends if you know anyone in India, or do business with any companies based there. If not, why not just filter the whole country at IP level and get a cleaner mailbox?

I will be doing now Edwin tbh, even going against my hosts saying not too as they are doing my head in.

I just love the way these "SEO" companies use free email addresses, surely anyone involved in SEO must understand the benefit of a good domain name, perhaps we should all be replying with links to our portfolios so they can choose a better email address :)

I will be doing now Edwin tbh, even going against my hosts saying not too as they are doing my head in.

They are bloody annoying I know. Wouldn't it be easier to set a rule based on the name rather than email address sending all their email to the spam folder.
Might be better than blocking an entire country

Talk of the devil, Ivan's just contacted!! Oh and add "Donna Gabriel" to the list...

There name changes and also email address changes and as edwin says if i do not have any dealings with the country they are sending from might as well just block the whole country. No one in indian is going to make an offer on a .co.uk domain name anyway so ive blocked them whole lot of them :)

There name changes and also email address changes and as edwin says if i do not have any dealings with the country they are sending from might as well just block the whole country. No one in indian is going to make an offer on a .co.uk domain name anyway so ive blocked them whole lot of them :)

Before you did that, you should have told Stella Fair you're very interested and that they should talk to your current marketing director Ivan Ballard and passed on their email.

Let them spam each other :cool:

I just filter them out and put up a sign saying 'fu*& off spammers'

try it on the contact form... e.g. techshop.co.uk :)

Talk of the devil, Ivan's just contacted!! Oh and add "Donna Gabriel" to the list...

Yes, just received one from Donna myself.

I get on average 50 of these emails per day spread across all of my sites. A large proportion of which sail through the spam filters on my Gmail inboxes.

To say these messages get tiresome would be an understatement.

I've already filtered out Indian IPs on a few sites, but on others I'm unable to for various reasons.

Somebody make them stop!

Let me add www.webwindows.co.uk as another serial spamming company, see their email marketing policy page crap:

http://www.webwindows.co.uk/email-marketing-policy

I've had no end of emails from them over time, the last one a few days ago from [email protected]

She was offering advertising in the Daily mail website for a domain that I only have a single line of text and a logo on, she sent another email the following day:

Hi,

I hope you don't mind me getting in touch again (yes I f*cking do), but I emailed yesterday about a special offer for a banner ad: One month Daily Mail banner campaign just £475

Did you get a moment to have a look?

I’m around for most of the day, so let me know if it’s of interest – I might even be able to sweeten the deal!

Kind regards,

Charlotte

T: 01733 821930 | www.webwindows.co.uk

Let me add www.webwindows.co.uk as another serial spamming company, see their email marketing policy page crap:

http://www.webwindows.co.uk/email-marketing-policy

I've had no end of emails from them over time, the last one a few days ago from [email protected]

She was offering advertising in the Daily mail website for a domain that I only have a single line of text and a logo on, she sent another email the following day:

I used to get loads of these, tried to opt out 3 times and they still kept coming. Ended up threatening them with legal action and not had one since!

Grant

I used to get loads of these, tried to opt out 3 times and they still kept coming. Ended up threatening them with legal action and not had one since!

They didn't stop spamming when I asked either, so I told them that if they persisted, I'd spoof an email from their email address to thousands of email addresses belonging to known and active 419 scammers, and asking all the scammers to email and phone me (webwindows), suddenly the spam emails stopped, strange that lol

Last edited:
Damn Donna's just slipped through the net..!!

Thanks to whoever was testing it. Think it's the uppercase stuff the let it through...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Days till Domain Summit

Days

Hours

Minutes

Seconds

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom