Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Just got my tag!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aaron Clifford

[DOMAINBEANS]

Felt like I needed to tell someone! That is all.

Thanks :), It's about time...been talking about it for long enough.

Thanks everyone, I'm going to be catching for development. (and some sales hopefully!)

Did you get your membership as well or just the tag?

Cheers
Graeme

At what point does it become worthwhile to get your own tag/membership, both with regard to cost and security? I am never going to be a domain trader or catcher but develop domains. I have around 60 uk domains with around £300K annual turnover.

I'd hate to lose any due to a cock up at the registrar so should I take out membership, or is there a "super-registrar" anywhere that looks after high value domains with more care?

At what point does it become worthwhile to get your own tag/membership, both with regard to cost and security? I am never going to be a domain trader or catcher but develop domains. I have around 60 uk domains with around £300K annual turnover.

I'd hate to lose any due to a cock up at the registrar so should I take out membership, or is there a "super-registrar" anywhere that looks after high value domains with more care?

I've heard people talking about getting a TAG to keep their names on, switching them over to 123Reg or whoever to do the renewals and then switching them back to their tag for safe keeping. If you can be bothered to do that, there'd be little (or no) initial cost. I think.

I've heard people talking about getting a TAG to keep their names on, switching them over to 123Reg or whoever to do the renewals and then switching them back to their tag for safe keeping. If you can be bothered to do that, there'd be little (or no) initial cost. I think.

Thanks - Just realised I hijacked a thread. Congrats Aaron!

Well done Aaron, I'm sure the other domainers/catchers on here hope you catch plenty.

Flu, mumps, fat fingers and the like lol

Actual costs are £100/year (from memory £400 joining fee), however, what price can you put on knowing you have full control and are not dependant on a 3rd party?

I originally got my membership due to dissatisfaction with 3rd parties, not to save on registration costs, then of course a little later found the joys of catching and domain trading and got hooked!

To get your own tag it's free and gives you a little extra security for your names, as well as the changing of nameservers and the like.

Congrats :)

I got mine with membership earlier this year and has made things much easier. You have control over hosting etc so can get the best deal and can register on behalf of other people.

The tag is free, but to get the discounted registration/renewal you need to be a member.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom