20i Reseller Hosting

keyword planner limit

Discussion in 'Domain Traffic / Keyword Research' started by RobM, Nov 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobM

RobM Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

Does anyone know if it's possible to get more than 800 results returned at google anymore? You can still upload csv files with thousands of keywords but I can't see a way of actually retrieving results for that amount of keywords.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. RobM

Well apparently there is a 'bug' with my account. Google has admitted there is a problem but cannot find out why. Anyone else had this?

4. RobM

After two weeks and several emails back and forth from myself to google support it has been finally confirmed that the limit is 800 even though you can upload a file with up to 10,000 keywords (totally pointless). This didn't used to be the case and the only reason we spent a fortnight on it is the woman at google told me it was a bug! It seems to me this company rolls out 'changes' for no reason.

5. AssetDomains

AssetDomains Well-Known Member

They seem to be to big to provide any type of useful support had a similar issues trying to get help with google apps.
    Is there no API available for the planner a lot of there services have one

6. RobM

Yes it was good that they bothered to keep going back and forth with support and actually followed up when there was a pause in communication.
    However this 'problem' could have easily been solved on day 1 with the support girl being told that the limit was now 800 rather than it taking two weeks for her to find out. That shows a lack of communication internally and could also explain why this has never been mentioned to people who were looking up 10,000 domains at a time. I have to do the google updates manually for the lists and it now takes 12 times more work for the same amount :(
    They never answered my email applying to join their api (and pay for the data) even though I have sent 2 follow ups in 6 months.

7. DaveP United Kingdom

DaveP Well-Known Member

Rob I think Google revoked access to the API for everyone so it's no longer available.

Just an idea but one could build a tool that uses Selenium to automate the use of the keyword tool and using a keyword list one could download the necessary CSV's of the keyword lists making sure to have a pause between each iteration and an amount of keywords to prevent abuse. Just a thought, not 100% sure if this would work and what security measures the keyword tool has in place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.