Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

My domains for sale... by someone else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
:( About 4/5 months ago, I had a funny thing where someone was desperate to buy one of my domains and as soon as I named a price he accepted it. It ended up being the webdomain for a major marketing campaign from a national home building group.

I moved a large group of domains onto sedo parking recently, and found about 80 of them were already for sale through people who had nothing to do with them.

So may be these people are waiting for a buyer, doing a deal etc and then doing a deal with the owner. if owner sells they make a profit. if owner says no, then they loose nothing.

nice business!

If you are listing caught names on sedo it could be that they were listed by the previous owner - and so it looks as if they are listing it too. But in my experience sedo are good at sorting this out - this is why they review some domains, check that you are indeed the owner, then list them.

i have owned these domains for 6-7 years so and am the only owner ever of just about all of them. Sedo did put me on as rightful owner once they had checked who rightful owner was. But their systems initially (understandably) wanted me to check that I was the rightful owner.

Not all bad, if they approach you (the guy thats sold your domain lol) then just put in a really high offer and let them negotiate down to a price your both happy with. After all if he's done the legwork for you then a small profit he's end would be acceptable to all involved imo.

Just as long as he dosent make too much ;)

petergskipton said:

How did you know?

Bet you did'nt know I sold it for £300,000.00 though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom