Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Nominet EPP & DAC Guides For DEV

Discussion in 'Drop catching Domain Names' started by Ahmed Benlahreche, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Ahmed Benlahreche Algeria

Ahmed Benlahreche Active Member

Hello,

I am in the process of developing a software and I need some information. Please,
    I searched a lot and did not find what I was searching for,
    I found about how to search for the domains using DAC but i did not find Documentation on how to regestered wen the domain is dropp using EPP
    Is there anyone who can explain to me some points so i cant start and finish the project
    Thank you

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. dee

dee Well-Known Member Acorn Supporter

4. Ahmed Benlahreche Algeria

thank you very much for remind me , yes unforuntly yes i see this new nominet......
    we hop that the Dropcatchers save the dropcatch and dont allow to Go with expired Auction

5. Hay

Hay Active Member

Here is the basics...

1) Create your DAC sockets on port 3043 and also create EPP sockets on port 700 (Both are long-standing sockets)
    2) Send a query for a given domain... such as google.co.uk
    3) DAC will return a response that looks like this if the domain is registered: google.co.uk,Y,N,1999-02-14,2021-02-14, MARKMONITOR
    4) DAC will return a response that looks like this if the domain is _NOT_ registered: google.co.uk,N

Then you need to parse/handle the DAC response however you feel is the best and most efficient / quickest way of doing so but ultimately your looking for "N" when a domain is available in which case you would proceed with the following EPP steps...

5) Once you see the domain is available you will pass your XML string to your EPP sockets which contain the domain name. The command you pass to EPP is called a "create" command... the following documentation will help (https://registrars.nominet.uk/uk-na...registration-systems/epp/epp-commands/#create)

> When you pass the create command to your epp sockets you will have to read the buffer to get the response

> EPP Docs: https://registrars.nominet.uk/uk-na...gement/registration-systems/epp/epp-commands/

> DAC Docs: https://registrars.nominet.uk/uk-na...vailability-checker/dac-instructions-for-use/

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Ahmed Benlahreche Algeria