Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Nominet rides election storm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
UK registry owner Nominet has dismissed requests for a re-election of two of its Board members, announcing that the two incumbents, Gordon Dick and Fay Howard, would return to their positions.

Controversy hit the election process when it was revealed that a miscalculation in members' voting rights had only been noticed at the last minute, and only after postal votes and proxy voting deadlines had struck. Two of the six candidates publicly asked for a revote, claiming that they had been unfairly discriminated against.

Nominet rides election storm | The Register

Kieren this bit made me laugh:

As it turned out the two candidates that complained - both of which Nominet would not have been overjoyed to have seen on the Board since one represents the controversial issue of domainers and the other was asking for a price reduction in Nominet's fees - would most likely not have won.

Even Nominet was talking about a "rebate scheme" at the AGM because they had all this money to spend. Also next time I write my election statement I'll not mention the word "domainer" and i'll take notes from:

My application for the ICANN Board at kierenmccarthy.co.uk

Key statement:

Popularis noted it had received two complaints from two of the candidates but pointed out that it had not received a complaint from a Nominet member saying it would have behaved differently had it been aware of the change in voting rights.
...So if any of you guys who are Nominet Members have been affected in this way - Get ye a complaining to Popuaris! ;)

Yes sneezy your right.

If you had your voting allocation changed or did not receive your election papers at all and feel "aggrieved" by it please email:

Anne Hock: enquiry[at]popularis.org

***** Taylor: *****.Taylor[at]nominet.org.uk

Yes sneezy your right.

If you had your voting allocation changed or did not receive your election papers at all and feel "aggrieved" by it please email:

Anne Hock: enquiry[at]popularis.org

***** Taylor: *****.Taylor[at]nominet.org.uk

E m i l y I think that is, another 'page 66 of the nominet accounts' based censorship?

Page 37 of the accounts, but it can't be discussed. Was it brought up at the AGM?

You mean this bit:

17. Transactions with directors and officers
During the year Nominet UK purchased services with a value of £72,000 (2004: £63,000) from Taylor Smith Ltd. Mr ****** Taylor, a director of Taylor Smith Ltd, is married to Mrs ***** Taylor who is company secretary of Nominet UK. The total amount invoiced per director was less than £200. These transactions were on an arms length basis, on normal business terms.

Source: Nominet report and accounts 2005

No it wasn't discussed at the AGM but it has been answered on Nom-Steer by Lesley when Ken Sorrie asked about it.

See Nom-steer 29 September 2006 16:39: Re: [nom-steer] Questions about Nominet DRS contract financials.

I believe it's some kind of software to run the DRS:

Taylor Smith Ltd. - Your IT Department - Enterprise Software

You mean this bit:

Source: Nominet report and accounts 2005

No it wasn't discussed at the AGM but it has been answered on Nom-Steer by Lesley when Ken Sorrie asked about it.

See Nom-steer 29 September 2006 16:39: Re: [nom-steer] Questions about Nominet DRS contract financials.

I believe it's some kind of software to run the DRS:

Taylor Smith Ltd. - Your IT Department - Enterprise Software

29 days after renewal required, with nominet "representatives" knowing full well the changes to the company the website still operates......

internal politics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom