Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Pricing a Domain - Im A Little Stuck With This One...

Reaction score
Hello,

I Would Greatly Appreciate If Anyone Could Suggest A Price For This Domain Name:

ktfc.co.uk

I Have Interest From An End User But They Want A Price ...
I Dont Want To Seem Greedy And Lose The Sale.

Any Suggestions?
Thank You

Just Check namebio or seemly.co.uk for four letter domain enduser sales and you will get a general idea about current market prices

Thanks For The Suggestion meslam123...

seemly.co.uk Range From £50 Upto $9,500.

Id personally say low to mid XXXX. Punching higher initially and leaving the door open for them to come back with a price which id be happy with in the mid ranges.

If you don't "need" to sell and don't mind waiting then nothing wrong with ignore market averages. That said, if you think XXX is worth taking and your happy with it.......take it.

Thanks For The Suggestion meslam123...

seemly.co.uk Range From £50 Upto $9,500.

This sounds like you are not willing to take this data and honestly compare it to the domain you own, and are trying to valuate. How I read this message was that the data was of no use to you.

To just put into the filter that it should be a 4 character string domain, with a .co.uk extension, that all results returned are comparative - they're certainly not.
  1. Sort the domains by price high > low.
  2. Take all of the 4 letter word domains out of the equation. Your domain is not of this calibre.
  3. Any acronyms that have a meaning - skip past these (HTML, mp3s, paye, etc)
Realistically, that brings the comparative maximum domain sale prices down to £2,500.
Even then, you can see some domain gems that have been sold for way less than they should.

http://seemly.co.uk/domains/prices?ext=.co.uk&char_count=4&char_type=String&rows=1000&price=desc

Don't turn your nose up to data without being willing to do some research into the true value of that data.

Edit:
Having written my response before reading @Adam H's, what I gathered from looking through the sales data and comparing this to your domain, the value suggested correlates to the maximum you could/should ask.

Top tip: Always leave a bit of meat on the bone for the buyer.

Wow seemly... Back Down A Little Mate...

I Did Not Say This Is Of No Use...

My Initial Reaction After Just A 5 Second Search Is That The Range Is Between £50 and $9,5000

Thats All - I Did Not Say Anything Bad Here Mate - It Was My First Observation...

I Know I Have To Do More Than That To Get A Final Figure.

Wow seemly... Back Down A Little Mate...

I Did Not Say This Is Of No Use...

My Initial Reaction After Just A 5 Second Search Is That The Range Is Between £50 and $9,5000

Thats All - I Did Not Say Anything Bad Here Mate - It Was My First Observation...

I Know I Have To Do More Than That To Get A Final Figure.

Point taken. I apologise.

Your response just came across to me as just looking at initial figures, and not taking some initiative with some further research.

I think both Adam H and seemly gave you a solid answer, also I would add when you observe prices try to exclude domainers reseller sales like domainlore sales as it's not an indicator to end user sales

I don't know the legal terms or law really, so I apologise in advance

Is this the type of name where all though they don't have a registered trademark, it's an unregistered trademark(?) through use, so if they did a DRS they could say you registered it just to sell to them

I would say low £xxx, at best. KTFC have a .com, which they are probably happy with, and they could take .uk which is unregistered, as an addition.

Any attempt at football related financial gain from the co.uk is likely to be met with a DRS complaint. I believe a summary decision would cost them £200.

I know of at least 4 acorners prior to you who have owned this, so I would take any end user sale whatsoever and run. Unless the main targets have had ;personell changes they are probably used to be offered this every few years.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom