20i Reseller Hosting

Recommendations for UK hosts?

Discussion in 'Hosting' started by ausername, Dec 27, 2017.

1. ausername United Kingdom

ausername Retired Member

I'm going to be working on 3 big websites simultaneously.

I've got a bluehost VPS with cpanel (surprisingly pleasant experience considering how crap their shared hosting is, can get better value purely in terms of specs but I seem to get a higher tier of support at my level - can't grumble) and happy sticking with that for two of those sites, which are built on Wordpress.

But I'm targeting global traffic (all English speaking) with those two sites, and whilst I'm not at the point where a decent CDN really makes financial sense (it will at some point) I'm better off having my servers based in the US where I earn by far the most from adsense. Quicker in US = better conversion.

But my 3rd site is going to targeting UK traffic only on a .co.uk domain. So I'm better off hosting on UK servers.

Can anybody recommend a good UK host which offers scalable VPS, can basically start for about as cheap as I can get (e.g. 10gb SSD).... but want to be able to quickly scale from 10gb + 1gb ram to 30gb + 2gb RAM etc.

So who is good in the UK space? Don't think I've ever had a UK hosting account!

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. dee

dee Well-Known Member Acorn Supporter

ive used 20i for past run of sites since seeing them advertised here. They've been great. Free SSL and quick, helpful support. Worth a look

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

I'm not sure 20i can offer vps hosting. Shame because they are the best host I have ever used in every aspect. I cannot recommend them highly enough for standard, reseller type hosting. Support is from UK (technical people) and near instant and always on the money, they do things for you rather than tell you how to to it. All SSD, one press SSL, an automated migrations service so you can move sites from an old host en masse without doing the work, I could go on. They developed all their own systems so its not WHM/cpanel.

5. dee

think they do....check it. Reseller options also

https://www.20i.com/vps

• Like Like x 2
  6. Admin

So they do! They might not have done in the past. Well I'd give them a look and my recommendation is not based on their ad banner. I've been moving most of my sites to them from other hosts and I pay their normal rates like anyone else, they are simply the best host Ive used in 15 years.

EDIT: Yes, vps is a new service (theres a 'new' label in the menu).

7. dee

Completely agree. I have 10 sites with them on their wordpress hosting and its great. Support is fantastic and real people actually engaging with you.

8. RobM

RobM Retired Member

I used ukservers.com for a while and they were excellent. Note I have no affiliation with them.
    -edit- sorry I don't know if they do VPS as I always run dedicated servers but I would imagine so.

9. wonder_lander United Kingdom

wonder_lander Well-Known Member Full Member

Is there a referral for Acorn if we buy through the banner or some other form of referral code? Going to try the reseller hosting

10. Admin

Nothing setup Im afraid to say. @Blossom

• Like Like x 1
  11. wonder_lander United Kingdom

wonder_lander Well-Known Member Full Member

Have signed up from the banner ad anyway.

Does anyone actually use the reseller accounts for customers? Just wondering what sort of packages you have setup?

• Like Like x 1