Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

September .uk drop discussion

It does

https://media.nominet.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Registrar-Agreement-Redline-FINAL.pdf

You may, no earlier than 30 days after the expiry of a domain name on an Accredited Channel Partner Tag, take steps to transfer the domain name into your name, provided that you have previously informed the Registrant that you intend to do this and obtained their explicit consent to your doing so. Such consent must be obtained no earlier than 30 days before the date on which the domain name is due to expire, and no later than 30 days after the date on which the domain name expired. Even if you transfer a domain name in these circumstances, the original Registrant of the domain name must always retain the right to renew the domain name in question as set out in paragraph B.1.13 above. You may not transfer a domain name into the name of a third party under this paragraph;

Okay I'm wrong, it's all irrelevant anyhow because most of you couldn't code for toffee so Ben and Rob or someone using their code would have grabbed them anyway :D

Okay I'm wrong, it's all irrelevant anyhow because most of you couldn't code for toffee so Ben and Rob or someone using their code would have grabbed them anyway :D

Every conversation I see you in @Gill your head is so far up Ben Hay's arse it's unreal. Secondly, their code ain't special, it's just using flaws that nobody else would. Roll on the end of DAC and we'll see how well they perform then?

@Ben Thomas shut up and go play with your dog, you have no idea what your talking about... dont get involved in something that does not concern you.

So many cheating and stealing unfounded accusations, this community is becoming toxic...

It always has been, it's just we're at record levels :)

Every conversation I see you in @Gill your head is so far up Ben Hay's arse it's unreal. Secondly, their code ain't special, it's just using flaws that nobody else would. Roll on the end of DAC and we'll see how well they perform then?

Maybe it's because I can write code and therefore appreciate it when someone is smarter than me. Having said that, I do have a special place in my heart for Ben

They're legal flaws, so if it's so easy why don't you write your own code and fill yer boots?

I would strongly recommend no one purchase any domains transferred outside of Nominets policy for the time being

It may be (it should be) that these illicit transfers are reversed by Nominet

We can agree on that.

It does

https://media.nominet.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Registrar-Agreement-Redline-FINAL.pdf

You may, no earlier than 30 days after the expiry of a domain name on an Accredited Channel Partner Tag, take steps to transfer the domain name into your name, provided that you have previously informed the Registrant that you intend to do this and obtained their explicit consent to your doing so. Such consent must be obtained no earlier than 30 days before the date on which the domain name is due to expire, and no later than 30 days after the date on which the domain name expired. Even if you transfer a domain name in these circumstances, the original Registrant of the domain name must always retain the right to renew the domain name in question as set out in paragraph B.1.13 above. You may not transfer a domain name into the name of a third party under this paragraph;

http://domains.creativemix.co.uk

When you register a name you agree to our T&C's which clearly explain what will happen if you don't renew your domain.

We passed a Nominet audit in the last few weeks.

When you register a name you agree to our T&C's which clearly explain what will happen if you don't renew your domain.

Have you ever transferred one to yourself. Also, can't see how I actually buy a domain through creativemix.co.uk?

Have you ever transferred one to yourself. Also, can't see how I actually buy a domain through creativemix.co.uk?

No and never would. I wasn't for one moment suggesting that what's happened is right or fair, my point was that maybe it wasn't illegal.

We don't offer a public facing service, it's for clients that buy/transfer domains from/to us and want us to manage them.

Reactions: DJ

By being a Nominet registrar aren't you agreeing to their policy? you can't agree and then make up the rules you want to run by

"Such consent must be obtained no earlier than 30 days before the date on which the domain name is due to expire"

Even if someone agrees to your t&c when registering or transferring a domain to you, you aren't obtaining consent as outlined above

@Ben Thomas shut up and go play with your dog, you have no idea what your talking about... dont get involved in something that does not concern you.

Well, since I generate income and run business in this industry it does concern me. The the fullest extent. What does or does not concern me isn’t for you to decide young Benjamin. And since it’s Saturday, playing with my dog is exactly what I plan on doing :)

B66A1B88-7375-4CC6-80AA-45A193EC2FAB.jpeg

Have a jolly good day.

https://www.fasthosts.co.uk/terms/domains/domain-names-terms

Fasthosts 7.6.2

"For UK domain names the transfer of ownership can be actioned via the Our control panel by the person named as account contact at the time the controlling account was secured who shall be deemed the designate of the Registrant with the authority to manage the domain name. The registrant shall be required to agree, in writing to be bound by these terms and conditions."

Anyone involved in this is going to need a good lawyer.uk

Might be in the terms but as far as I can see, there isn't a tick box stating that authority has been given by the domain owner, plus it requires Fasthosts to release them by the sounds of things, so given, not taken. It will probably end in dispute between Fasthosts and Nominet, though I doubt Nominet will rock the boat; the usual!

Correct me if wrong, but if these domains haven't moved tags, chances are they still belong to the original owner and the domainer has kindly renewed the domain for another year.

In law you can be prosecuted for putting shopping in your clothing in a manner that suggests you are preparing to steal it. You don't need to walk past the checkout. This would be a similar thing.

To renew it in fasthosts, they must have put it in their own fasthost account and therefore outside the control of the legal registrant.

Correct me if wrong, but if these domains haven't moved tags, chances are they still belong to the original owner and the domainer has kindly renewed the domain for another year.

Quoted

Don’t recall seeing anything saying I was declaring to be someone I wasn’t as would not have proceeded.

No address or the former owner was seen as domain had my address and no name or email viewed or stored prior to me changing.

released to tag and now in the company name as it was on their behalf I was testing the situation.

@gregfindley - No, when you follow the transfer process then fasthost refreshes the process the domains go into your account with your details plus they are renewed for 1 year or however long you wont to renew for... Once they are in your Fasthosts account the details and process is complete... you can then move where ever you want hence why @DomainAngel was able to move to his own tag.

Crazy when you think about it, these domains was taken from someone else's account and put into your account without any kind of verification or approval... to me that theft but i guess if someone is exploiting the terms and conditions then who knows.

@Ben Thomas

Please lets move on from these Rob and Ben(Hay) is catching everything. For the last 10 years Rob, Denys and few other have dominate the scene, in fact you could bet that any premium name will fall into either of these guys and now we have Ben Hay.

Just to add, I think all the names caught by Rob are pre-booked, so all those names listed are for probably 30 to 50 people and not for Rob to sat on. These domains would be sold on for profit by the people that back-order it and money get moved around to others. Off cause not the same with Ben (Hay) I assume.

There might be loopholes in the system, that's not for these guys to fix, that's for Nominet who claimed to be a Security company to sort out. Even if they fix current flaws, there will be new ones in the future which will be exploited, these are common in every business, loopholes are there to be exploited until its fixed. Some Loophole could be illegal because it breaks laws some don't, some are just carelessness of the system or service providers. Some service provider will put it in their terms that any loophole must be reported to them. All these is down to Nominet not these guys. We all remember when Gordon Brown makes it illegal for accountant to use any tax loophole without telling the treasury first. Did this stop accountant using loopholes? No, reduces it but not stop it.

Also, it not all loopholes that give these guys advantages, its hours spent on understanding the system and create an edge over competitors. We all cant agree on what is to be ethical or wrong but we can all agree on one thing that, Rob, Denys or Ben or others did not design Nominet system but they spend hours upon hours to understand it and create an edge for themselves.

There will always be new comers into this business and they will come up with better system than Ben, Rob and Denys and this is the reason why Rob and Denys and now Ben have to continue the development of their script to stay on top of the game.

Do I have the time to put into script to be as good as them? No, hence I don't expect to catch as many as they do. I know how hard Rob and Denys works, I cant count how many middle of the night replies I get to my emails over the last 10 years from Rob and Denys, they work hard, day and night and they deserve success that comes to them.
Now we have Ben(Hay), I don't know him, but he must be doing something better than a lot of us hence he's in the league of Rob and Denys.

As per Rob, Denys and few others, especially these two guys have use their skills and time to benefit others, I don't have to agree with everything they do but I cannot ignore the fact that they have helped a lot of people in the last 10 years that I have known these two guys.

I know you did not mentioned Denys, I deliberately mentioned him because he is top dog just like Rob and Ben Hay is now looking to join them. Another person will come in the future too as long as this line of business continue to exist. Also, a lot of us will get tired of this business and move one to be replaced by young energetic hungry people, I just hope Nominet will not make financial requirements to be higher and discourage/disadvantaged people with little resources.

We have issue with TAGS colluding, now we have domainers taking control of domains before it drops, claiming they are testing the loophole but already listed the domains for-sale. Is this against Nominet terms, some might think it is but lets Nominet tells us. I'm just glad that I am able to catch a couple over the last two weeks.

If this is allowed, whats the point of trying to catch a .UK domain?

Last edited:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom