Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

transfering a .me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Can anyone advise me on this and what they do.

I am selling a .me domain name that I purchased thru 123-reg.

I know I can push the domain for free to another 123-reg account holder, but how does this change the whois info ?

If it were a .co.uk I could push it the same, but I also know that I could get a transfer doc from nominet (for a fee) and register the transfer more formally that way, and this would also change the whois to the new owner.

I know that the 123-reg control panel lets you change the contact info for that domain, but is this enough and will that actually change the whois info ?

Cheers for any advise.

It may well follow the .com system, in which case the control panel interface itself allows the user themselves to update the WHOIS details.

So, choices are:

- a push at 123-reg, then (probably) buyer updates WHOIS details

- or the buyer requests a transfer in at whatever domain company they want to use, you (as e-mail Admin contact) get a transfer approval e-mail which you must respond to, then buyer gets name in their control panel at the new company and they update.

That's how I reckon it will work anyway, but I've not done a .me transfer. .me is relatively new so they probably just decided to follow the .com model.

You would get a definitive answer if you asked at one of the US domain forums.

Rgds

the ones i sold were just a push through domainmonster into the new owners account

I sold a .me through Sedo last year, it was registered with 123reg, I presumed I would push the domain over to the new user but to complete the sale it had to be done through Nominet which cost the buyer a fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom