Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

UK WHOIS opt-out during domain registration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just wondered if it's possible to register .co.uk domains and have the whois info opt-out by default during the registration process?

Rather than having to log in to nominet and change the setting after the registration has been successful - just wondered if any registrar provides the ability to have the privacy in place when submitted so at no point is the address made publicly available?

Thanks

This is possible with my Daily.co.uk regs! I have had the account with them for quite some time though. I don't know if it will be different with new accounts.

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand the question. My understanding is that opt-out is based on whether or not the registrant type is Individual. Therefore, registering as Individual should not publicise the details. However, by their very actions, anyone who is reasonably active on here is in practice, say, a Sole Trader rather than an Individual That means they would therefore not be entitled to opt out regardless, whether at registration or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom