Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

What is the best way to receive funds from Godaddy?

Reaction score
Merry Christmas to you all!

Godaddy recently contacted me to offer me money for a domain I own on behalf of one of their customers who wanted to buy it. We agreed on a price and I now have to choose a payment method so I can be paid.

The options are wire transfer or Paypal. Wire transfer has a 3% forex fee which on the £2k sale price is about £60 and I wouldn't be surprised if Godaddy or their bank or my bank gave me a crappy exchange rate and made something off that too. It's not clear what the Paypal fee would be. When I select "wire transfer" on Godaddy's console, it says the fee is $0.10 but I find that hard to believe, and no doubt Paypal would also charge forex fees too.

Does anyone have any experience of getting paid in GBP for sales via Godaddy? Do you know which payment method has the lowest fee?

Best wishes,

Jason

Check these out. I've just had a similar issue getting funds from USA.

https://transferwise.com/u/damoni1

Open a borderless account ( you can be up and running same day with ID ) They charge interbank exchange rate, so best you can get, and fees are VERY VERY low. They give you a US bank account details, UK bank details and you can hold foreign currency etc. Really good.

Disclosure. Thats my affiliiiate link. I think I get 50 bucks if 10 people sign up....if you dont want to use it just take end part or URL off. Genuine recommendation though.

I used PayPal with Godaddy and I think they also cover the paypal fees as well.

Same. Paypal. Only sold one, but was pretty seamless. Had to set up a GoDaddy account for the transaction which was the only hassle.

Thanks guys. I've opted for Paypal now. Hopefully they won't screw me too badly on the exchange rate.

Thanks guys. I've opted for Paypal now. Hopefully they won't screw me too badly on the exchange rate.

You should get the amount you agreed in £ in your paypal account. Also if your agreed price is in $, you will get the amount in $ into your Paypal and you only need to deal with PayPal exchange rate into £.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom