Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

What is your TikTok?

Does your business have a TikTok account?

• Yes

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

Helmuts

AcornDomains.co.uk
★★★★★
Reaction score
It is interesting to discover that our industry don't use the crazy reach the TT has. .. or, does the industry see this reach as "not relevant"?

TikTok is a novelty/viral content platform. Generation Z (aged 18-24) makes up over 40% of its demographic in the UK. Kids aren't interested in fuddy-duddy domainers so TikTok is irrelevant.

TikTok is a novelty/viral content platform. Generation Z (aged 18-24) makes up over 40% of its demographic in the UK. Kids aren't interested in fuddy-duddy domainers so TikTok is irrelevant.

Your interpretation of irrelevant is irrelevant.

Not everybody on this forum is exclusively a 'domainer'.

Many are business owners and need to promote themselves to their target audience, whatever demographic that may be, using whatever platform that hits the spot.

When Helmuts said "our industry" on a domain forum I foolishly assumed he was referring to the domain industry and domaining. Silly me :rolleyes:

I'm only a hobby domainer. I'm a digital designer by trade so I'm well aware of business owners promoting themselves to their target audience on TikTok. In fact, I help business owners do exactly that.

But all this is irrelevant.

Last edited:
When Helmuts said "our industry" on a domain forum I foolishly assumed he was referring to the domain industry and domaining. Silly me :rolleyes:

I'm only a hobby domainer. I'm a digital designer by trade so I'm well aware of business owners promoting themselves to their target audience on TikTok. In fact, I help business owners do exactly that.

But all this is irrelevant.

Actually, you entirely correct - I completely misread the original message. I apologise.

It does feel like it would be hard for the domain name industry to promote itself on a medium such as TikTok.

It feels like the only way you could achieve it effectively would be to highlight the importance of generics and category killers in not just organic search, but for print media, radio tests, etc.

I have three generation Z and they have 5 second concentration spans. Totally feckless. Good luck marketing anything to them that's more complicated than a lipstick. When the summertime changed they actually thought our battery powered wall clocks would update themselves..... I weep for their children. Tik Tok is a parasitic curse on human intelligence. I'm amazed that GenZ can breathe in and out without some pointless app telling them to do so.
Domaining will die out in the next decade assuming that we're still around after 2030.

:) there are always people who will find tonnes or reasons why something shouldn't be done :)

TikTok is #2 Video platform in the world. Fact :)

Similarweb ranks it:
#14 = Global Rank
#22 = Worldwide
#7 = United States

What numbers else does a busines person really need to see an opportunity?

Almost all of us do have accounts there or have been there in the last 30 days.

Check out https://www.tiktok.com/@domainsummit .. It is doing great! .. @JimDavies your short video is killing it!!!
and these number are with 78 followers only (we have just started not ignoring it).

Best wishes all!!
H

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 20.37.34.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 20.37.34.png
    455.6 KB · Views: 20

For a moment I thought you were talking about Snapchat :D :D .. actually, also testing it with Domain Summit.. huhhh.. I feel way too old for it :D :D

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom