Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

When will this drop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Can someone tell me when this domain will drop,I thought it should of yesterday.

Thanks in advance.

Relevant dates:
Registered on: before Aug-1996
Renewal date: 16-Mar-2008
Last updated: 12-Jul-2006

Registration status:
Renewal required.
*** This registration has been SUSPENDED. ***

Normally it would have been yesterday but being a pre-nom I presume Nominet will delete it at its discretion.

Normally it would have been yesterday but being a pre-nom I presume Nominet will delete it at its discretion.

Hi Scott & Ships

I presume this was pims?

No such thing as prenoms now... what a rush they were, especially due to the dac 'features' at the time. All former prenoms are now on normal Nominet contracts and so 'should' drop at the normal time.

Even some normal ones don't. It's normally due to some activity in the background relating to contact details, renewals etc that mean the release mechanism is on hold.

Some former prenoms did drop yesterday.

Scott's right though, as far as release date. It will be released when Nominet have judged it non-renewable. Dunno when that is...

S

Exactly.

Perhaps we just notice this more with what used to be known as "prenoms" because they are often the most desirable names and attract everyone's attention.

But it happens all the time - we just don't notice so much...

pisc.co.uk should have dropped around two weeks ago and virtualgambling.co.uk should have dropped over a year ago - just two of many examples of relatively young domains between 2 and 5 years old that don't follow the normal 92 / 99 day trend.

Best wishes, Richard

P.S. beab.co.uk is another pre-August 1996 domain - due to drop today. Let's see whether it does or hangs on like pims...

Last edited:
...and virtualgambling.co.uk should have dropped over a year ago - just two of many examples of relatively young domains between 2 and 5 years old that don't follow the normal 92 / 99 day trend...

Someone was obviously listening - virtualgambling.co.uk finally dropped yesterday, one day after my post...

BW, Richard

Last edited:
Have Nominet got into the habit of preventing the domain names of dissolved UK companies from moving to 'Suspended' status?

porpoise co.uk (rd, 20-Nov-07 )- Porpoise Viscometers Limited- dissolved 12 May 2007
hyena co.uk (rd, 16-Feb-08 )- Hyena Ltd- dissolved 14 May 2007
noodle co.uk (rd, 24-May-08 )- Europass Telecom Limited- dissolved 3 June 2006
lighting co.uk (rd, 19-May-08 )- EM (PREDECESSORS) LIMITED- dissolved 2 January 2008

Last edited:
Have Nominet got into the habit of preventing the domain names of dissolved UK companies from moving to 'Suspended' status?

porpoise co.uk (rd, 20-Nov-07 )- Porpoise Viscometers Limited- dissolved 12 May 2007
hyena co.uk (rd, 16-Feb-08 )- Hyena Ltd- dissolved 14 May 2007
noodle co.uk (rd, 24-May-08 )- Europass Telecom Limited- dissolved 3 June 2006
lighting co.uk (rd, 19-May-08 )- EM (PREDECESSORS) LIMITED- dissolved 2 January 2008

Would the domain be viewed as an asset and therefore be involved in any form of insolvency process?

The domainers caught onto these circumstances long ago! There are ways of taking over such domain names (although I've never done it myself).

Pending the ballache paperwork / tracking down old directors / etc, the savvy domainer will contact Nominet to advise them of the situation and Nominet will in turn make sure that the domain isn't cancelled until the matter is resolved.

I think that is why you often see this happening. To the best of my knowledge Nominet don't screen domain cancellations to see if the owner is dissolved or not, they just do it. If they don't drop, there has been some manual intervention somewhere...

Would the domain be viewed as an asset and therefore be involved in any form of insolvency process?

It's possible... Generally speaking one would deal with any such issues before the company is actually dissolved. But domains are often forgotten in this process.

The domainers caught onto these circumstances long ago!...

I am aware of transferring at the liquidation/receivership etc stages, but dissolved companies are a different matter. With the exception of perhaps the Trustee Act (with some contemporaneous evidence of course), then they should go into the pot just like all the rest.

I am aware of transferring at the liquidation/receivership etc stages, but dissolved companies are a different matter. With the exception of perhaps the Trustee Act (with some contemporaneous evidence of course), then they should go into the pot just like all the rest.

We don't live in an ideal world though - paperwork, smaperwork. Think of it like this......... Company goes bust, the cars that Company owns end up being owned by other people (maybe ex-employees, ex-directors - perhaps bought off the liquidator or whatever). They are driving around in them, but for some time the V5 still says that the cars are owned by the company. Eventually the paperwork is sorted out and it's all OK.

But for a short time, to the outsider looking in, the cars should pass to the Crown upon dissolution. But they don't because it's just a case of waiting for the paperwork to catch up to the reality.

All theoretical though, I've got no direct experience of it, I'm just making it all up as I go along :mrgreen:

I have seen domains YEARS past their drop date, 1 doesnt have ANY details, no name servers, no address, no name, it just says unknown on everything, my guess is thats never going to drop.

Also seen others years out of date, and emailed the owner, and they say they are not interested in the domain, can they 'renew' it and transfer it over even tho its years since expired ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom