Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

WordPress theme needed

Reaction score
Does anyone know of an ad listing type of WordPress theme that allows people to upload PDF's to their listing? I have a Classipress theme which would normally do what I need, but it only allows image uploads on listings, and I need to have the option for people to upload PDF's.

I know some job board themes allow PDF's so people can upload CV's, but those themes generally don't have options for uploading images, or if they do, they're small thumbnail sizes, so most of those aren't suitable.

I did find an old topic on the AppThemes forum for changing some php code to allow PDF uploads on ClassiPress, someone gave part of the code that needed changing, and a link to another forum page with full instructions, but that page no longer exists, otherwise I'd have tried that.

If you have a look in the upload page source code it will probably be an array your looking for to add to

Code:
 // Set the allowed file extensions
      $fileTypes = array('jpg', 'jpeg', 'gif', 'png', 'zip', 'xlsx', 'cad', 'pdf', 'doc', 'docx', 'ppt', 'pptx', 'pps', 'ppsx', 'odt', 'xls', 'xlsx', '.mp3', 'm4a', 'ogg', 'wav', 'mp4', 'm4v', 'mov', 'wmv' ); // Allowed file extensions

Do a search for 'file types' and it may come up

Yes, there was something similar to that mentioned in the old AppThemes forum post I mentioned above, it was part of the instructions, I did add it in to allow PDF's in the code and saved it, but nothing happened. There are other things to change in the code which aren't listed as the forum page with it on, no longer exists, so can't do it, plus it was for a much older version of ClassiPress from 2010/11, so not sure it would have worked on my newer version anyway.

Thanks Dee, had a look and read the page, will give it a try, but that seems to be for standard WordPress rather than a third party WordPress theme, as WordPress already allows PDF uploads as standard.

I've found an AppThemes developer who made a nicer version of ClassiPress in the AppThemes market place, I've posted a message to him asking if his php can be edited to include PDF uploads, waiting for a reply, if so, I'll buy his theme.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts