Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Apple Event | iPhone 6 Release

Buying an iPhone 6

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SF

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Only a few hours away until Apple reveal the new iPhone 6 and Possibly iWatch.

The event you can watch here live at 6PM GMT Watch Live

Anyone going to be watching?

I have a iphone 4s that works great (not that I use it for too much)

Getting a new phone just as a fashion accessory never appealed to me.

No, I still use a Galaxy s3. Great phone and available for about £140 now!

I was going to write this response using an iphone, but decided the battery would have died before the page loaded.

Reactions: mat
Wall huggers united.

Apple are more and more showing they fear the reaper, what set them aside is little more than legacy now.

Interested to see what it is like, and whether the screen floats off the edges of the phone, but suspect it will just be a slightly larger version of what is already available, which isn't exactly ground-breaking.

Still use my iPhone4, only use it for calls, texts and the occasional checking of email, still haven't downloaded an app of any description! Missus is still on a Nokia 6300!

I'll likely watch some of the broadcast but possibly not live. I'm looking forward to iOS 8 for my existing apple devices but haven't made a decision about new hardware other than a replacement battery for my iPhone 5 at some point.

I use Android devices as well (Note 3 and also a G3) and recently switched from a blackberry q10 to the LG g3. I find I can actually do most of what I was doing on the former quite comfortably and also that the g3 has both a 2K screen resolution and a very good (removable) battery life.

I've not yet sold my q10 because I haven't completely decided that I won't ever wish to switch back. However I currently consider it unlikely that I will do.The blackberry passport looks quite interesting.

I won't bother moving to a note 4 since the note 3 does plenty and unlike the replacement comes with a Usb3 port for fast data transfer.

(from LG G3)

Did I read that there's a free replacement battery program on some iPhone 5's?

Yes but nobody I know who owns a 5 was entitled. :(

(from iPhone)

I heard it came with a stark industries palladium chest implant to keep it powered for a whole day. You have to pay for the surgery yourself but the mini arc reactor is free, with a 36 month warranty which doesn't include a replacement because they class it as a consumable, but still it has a warranty.

I have a iphone 4s that works great (not that I use it for too much)

I can almost imagine you needing to hold it with both hands and squeaking out your waffle using it before leaving the house via the cat flap. ;)

(from iPhone)

Given I already own a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and LG G3 nothing in the iPhone 6/+ final release has moved me to feel I need to rush to make a purchase when they are in the shops. I intend to pursue the idea of replacing the battery in my iPhone 5 and also updating it with iOS 8 when that is iminantly released. It seems that the forthcoming Apple Watch works with the iPhone 5 and that may include full support for Apple Pay. I may be tempted to purchase a watch next year depending on how useful I think it could be.

Out of those interested in an iPhone 6, are you interested in the 4.7" or the 5.5 "+" model?

What do members think of the Apple Watch?

I was going to write this response using an iphone, but decided the battery would have died before the page loaded.

Don't get me started... On 3 charges a day on this 5 :-/ Still going to preorder the 6 plus though!

I charged my HTC one M8 1 day, 2 hours and 24 minutes ago and I have 34% left, I've made maybe 2 hours of calls, email checked every 5 minutes, browsed a little, listened to 2 hours music in the gym.

It was hysterical in the gym, you know they call them Wall Huggers, one of the PT's in the gym, had to go on the treadmill to charge her iphone enough to make a call and she'd only been there 3 hours. iPhones make you healthy :p

Couldnt care less about the new Iphone but rather gutted to discover they've discontinued the Ipod Classic - was planning to buy a 160gb one anyway but now looks like I'll have to do so very soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom