Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Apple Event | iPhone 6 Release

Buying an iPhone 6

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I selected 'yes' to purchase, but having reviewed all the details, I can't see anything revolutionary about it that I would need. Apple are at risk of letting the ball drop, after a number of successful years. It needs one of the manufacturers to really move the game on, as consumers expect more, and understand more about what is possible with latest technology. As an example, I'd like to see a slightly smaller design, similar in size to the iPhone4, thinner, and the screen covering almost the entire area, that's the future, these "phones" can't keep increasing in size!!!

Vge3M7S.jpg%5D

Don't care what it says about me lol, pre-ordered plus 128gb and can't wait!

Wow nice one Murph bet your excited!!

Well, it isn't for me, but certainly wouldn't begrudge anyone getting the latest. From experience, does anyone know if Apple drop the prices of outgoing models soon after launch of the new? I do need a replacement so might opt for the 5S instead, as that is still a leap up from my 4, but at the moment, the margin of difference (cost wise) because the 5S and 6 isn't much.

I just don't think there is enough new features with each new launch to bother upgrading every time.

I've got a 5s, I'm not going to buy a 6. I think think of a million other things I'd rather waste £300-400 on :)

Ive preordered a iphone 6 L 64gb buit only because Ive had my iphone 4 for years. Free data with Tmobile (ee network) will be useful.

The 5s has dropped to £459 which is a price drop of about £90.

Damn, if £459 is the discounted price, it makes deciding between the two a little harder, but as said, only keen because I need a replacement and either would be a jump forward from the 4...plus at least I benefit from the vat and tax back (company asset!)

I am going to buy iphone 6+ 128gb in grey. Then a phantom2 drone to go with it.

Ive had every ipod and every iphone. I would never think about anything else.

Good for you.

(from iPad - K)

Ive preordered a iphone 6 L 64gb buit only because Ive had my iphone 4 for years. Free data with Tmobile (ee network) will be useful.

Great start to the day. My preorder was with Dialaphone who I have now found out is owned by Phones4U!
Thanksfully I paid by credit card but their customer service calls arn't going through.
Typical of the big networks squezzing out the smaller boys so you have to order direct with them and pay more. Shame for the employees as they are competitive.

I just heard the news, phones4u gone under with thousands of employees.

Why didnt you order from apple bluerock?

I believe all existing orders are currently due to be honoured. Remember Phones4u haven't actually lost the Vodafone and EE contracts yet. The existing contracts run until next year.

Direct sales obviously don't pay commission to a third party. Sometimes the third parties give the customer a kick back out of the commission earned.

(from Note 3)

Last edited:

Why? What is it exactly that you like so much?

It's shameful behaviour by Vodafone and EE. £100 Million profit last year and all those shops and staff.

O2 already did it to Phones4u earlier this year and Three have done it to both Phones4u and CPW. Selling through major resellers isn't as appealing given the networks have lost revenue in other areas.

(from Note 3)

They haven't yet gone under. However it looks like they won't have anything to sell come sometime in 2015.

I don't know why you asked the second question. Obviously it is because he doesn't wish to pay fully upfront for a phone, isn't it?

(from Note 3)

The deal I found was £189 down on a £699 phone but the T mobile taffiff was unlimited everything inc Data which was crucial. The pm was £43.

You now look elsewhere and that deal cant be found even at cpw.
The networks know what they are doing and that is kicking the consumer in the bollocks and when he's bent over robbing his wallet!

The next best deal to the one I had is with cpw but £339 upfront and just 500 min for £40pm…crap.

I wonder if CPW are next? These companies are able to offer some fantastic deals so I wonder if they really screw the networks down on price.

CPW definitely lost Three, according to what I have read, although I don't know if their existing contract with them has expired yet. However Dixons Carphone have inked a new deal with Vodafone recently. Perhaps they will do the same with EE when that comes up for renewal.

The deal I found was £189 down on a £699 phone but the T mobile taffiff was unlimited everything inc Data which was crucial. The pm was £43.

I am curious to know how much data you think you really need? That unlimited T-Mobile plan will almost certainly exclude tethering. As you may also be aware, T-Mobile tariffs are 3G only.

I thought he was buying the phone out-right..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom