Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Apple Event | iPhone 6 Release

Buying an iPhone 6

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was buying the phone out-right..

Fair enough. Obviously wasn't as obvious as I presumed.

Their unlimited data plan was also subject to fair use policy which essentially capped the data at 4GB a month. I'm not sure if that's still the case or if it's true all-you-can-eat like 3 offer?

I've forgotten since I haven't been with T-Mobile, since being invited to switch over to 4GEE, for almost a year now. However I have vague memories of a limit (either allowance or speed) from when I last took a T-Mobile contract out. I do remember being able to tether with T-Mobile at the time, although it wasn't supposed to work, and being told that it might get restricted without warning. Three were much more proactive with packet sniffing to detect that.

Incidentally I have a 4GEE 20Gb sharer plan now, with five numbers/devices connected, and also another 4GEE 10Gb plan. Hardly use any of either data allowance. I'm still in contact with the person at EE who invited me to switch up from T-Mobile to 4GEE which means I have never had to call up and deal with a traditional CSR. That's worth money in itself. :)

(from iPad - B)

I am curious to know how much data you think you really need? That unlimited T-Mobile plan will almost certainly exclude tethering. As you may also be aware, T-Mobile tariffs are 3G only.

Im happy with 3g as I live rural. We spend a lot of time ferrying kids to football practice and other things so the data enables me to watch skygo etc. Also the 6L is big enough to get some work done where as my current iphone 4 is too small/slow/old. It was a great taffif that now will cost at least £10 more.

Ring EE and tell them the deal you had with Phones4u and ask them to match it?

What time is it in Mumbai ?

Im also still waiting to find out if the order will ship. You cant call p4u or dialaphone as calls are not getting through.
There all on jobsite.com

Ring EE and tell them the deal you had with Phones4u and ask them to match it?

If they do that I'll be amazed. Some of his discount will have been funded by the commission that Phones4U would be getting from selling an EE connection.

(from iPad - B)

If this does go pear shaped which is likely then I'll just leave it till after Christmas and get one then.

Another problem is where I live I can only use Orange/EE/Tmobile etc.

What time is it in Mumbai ?

Im also still waiting to find out if the order will ship. You cant call p4u or dialaphone as calls are not getting through.
There all on jobsite.com

I'd just leave it be. Fingers crossed it will as Phones4U has until 2015 with EE and I'd be surprised if they just decided to completely close and fire everyone this week. I suppose it depends how the chinese whispering goes online and whether people desert them thinking they've immediately closed down. I've read that existing orders should be honoured.

(from iPad - B)

Its certainly negative publicity for Vodafone and EE and I'd love EE to be forced to explain their statement in more detail.

Consumers are not stupid. I really feel for the staff at p4u.
So close to Christmas and this happens.

I'm with Three but found a great deal on an iPhone 5s with EE so I rang Three and asked them to match it. No chance, so I threatened to leave and they gave me my PAC code :D

I couldn't face leaving EE for another network. Has the most comprehensive 4G coverage at the moment and when I need something doing I send an email and either get a reply by email or a telephone call saying it can or cannot be done. The mere thought of telephoning any network and having to talk to a CSR that has no ability to do things properly makes me feel sick.

(from iPad - B)

I blame Kevin Bacon!

Plus Ive now lost £30 commission :-(

Last edited:
Its certainly negative publicity for Vodafone and EE and I'd love EE to be forced to explain their statement in more detail.

Consumers are not stupid. I really feel for the staff at p4u.
So close to Christmas and this happens.

These days all the shops have comprehensive high street coverage to sell direct. This didn't use to be the case. o2 bought The Link from Dixons to add shops. Three created shops. CPW realised what might happen, merged with Dixons and diversified. Phones4U stayed the same. I always found the way Phones4U operated a little shady. I believe the staff were commission driven. A bit like buying a used car. CPW's apparently aren't.

(from iPad - B)

Heres the latest:
What happens if a phone has been ordered from Phones 4U?
The company says that any phones that have been ordered and sent out can be used as normal by customers.

However, orders of phones yet to be dispatched will be cancelled and refunds automatically paid to customers.

At least my refund should be painless.

Virgin use the EE network and they have some great sim only deals if you're happy to pay for the phone upfront? They used to have an unlimited calls/texts/data for £15 no contract, sim only deal

Cheers Sean
Ive looked at buying the phone outright and did find a sim only deal with EE for £22.99 pm with 4gb of 4g. I'll look at Virgin though, thanks.

Virgin use the EE network and they have some great sim only deals if you're happy to pay for the phone upfront? They used to have an unlimited calls/texts/data for £15 no contract, sim only deal

Think its £18 now but still a great deal. if you get a handset from them free insurance is thrown in as well.

The money p4u maid certainly suggests there's a place for people who don't know what they want but surely if you have your model picked out you get the best deal online via a comparison site such as uswitch.

Personally I know of two people who were sold really crapy deals by phones4u sales men. in one case a much better phone was available from them in store on the same terms. so I can only assume he got a much better commission pushing the low end android they did to this old woman.

Anyone downloaded or still downloading the ios 8 update? It came out at 1800 UK time I believe. I've almost installed it on an iPhone 5. Other devices are someway behind that.

(from LG G3)

Any isheeples using icloud don't upgradd, there is some glitch where if you upgrade you can't access it until yosemite sam fires his guns.

Any isheeples using icloud don't upgradd, there is some glitch where if you upgrade you can't access it until yosemite sam fires his guns.

Only a problem if you also own a mac. The problem relates to turning on icloud drive. If you elect not to do that because you own a mac and yosemite isn't yet out, you can upgrade to iOS 8 without problem.

(from LG G3)

Last edited:
Just had a text from EE saying my phone will be delivered on the launch day! Very surprised, thought I'd be waiting at least a few weeks with the demand

I've successfully update three iPhones and three iPads to iOS 8. It took a while. There are some interesting and some useful yet subtle new features. Being able to answer a phone call on the iPad when both are connected to the same wifi network is quite interesting.

Note: the above feature is not the same as the wifi calling feature that needs to be supported by your network (currently only EE in the UK). That feature is only available on the 5C, 5S and 6.

(from LG G3)

Without looking, is 6 just as anal as number 1 to 5?
Can you slap extra memory in it?
(bit of a no brainer)

Can you do anything music/movie related without having to go through the anal iTunes account? (or jail breaking)

Not having a pop at the phone. OK, that's a lie, I am having a pop. Great phones, anal retention restrictions compared to Android.

Or has it all changed now with number 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom