Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

1,000 pre-registration applications for .eu domain names submitted to Belgacom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since the end of October, it has been possible to pre-register a .eu domain name with Belgian telco Belgacom. Belgacom is a .eu registrar accredited by Eurid, a not-for-profit organisation selected by the European Commission to operate the .eu domain, to process the applications. Customers can pre-register the .eu domain name of their choice online via the Belgacom website. In the space of just one week, Belgacom received one thousand pre-registration applications for .eu domain names.

Full Article at dmeurope.com

Of course, if there are 100 registrars all taking prereg requests, Belgacom's not going to get more than a handful of those names... but still, that's impressive for a single registrar.

I've had one pre-registered for over 12months now. I'll be pretty P***ed off if I don't get it!

having looked at Belgacoms website i don't see a pre-register link, where are people registerin theri .eu's?

Just found it

interestingly when i googled it one of the returns was europeregistry which told me all the names i checked were availalbe, they were really generic and no way they would be available so that made me suspicious. So googled again, official registrars here

Next question is, are they worth it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom