Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

123-reg changing nameservers???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Didn't really know here was the best place to post this to be honest.

Basically, I tried to change the nameservers of a domain on 123 reg over a week ago and still nothing. So tried it again there and this is what comes up:

Setting nameservers to mynameserver123.com and mynameserver123.com
Please wait...
Change request for nameservers for mydomain.com has been submitted. New nameservers have been specified as mynameserver123.com and mynameserver123.com

Note - it could take up to 24 hours for this update to appear in the whois output. Please do not resubmit the same request within this time period.

The please wait bit never changes even if I keep that page open for 30 minutes!

I'll need to change nameservers for another domain very soon, so just wondering if I'm the only one with this issue :( ?

Thanks.

Although the 123 site is still saying, please wait, have you checked the Who-Is for your domain to see if it has updated the nameservers there? As in:
Code:
http://webwhois.nic.uk/cgi-bin/whois.cgi?query=YOUR-URL-HERE.co.uk

As it may just be a problem at 123's end where it does actually update the nameservers for the domain, but carries on saying, please wait.

That's what I thought but when you go on mydomain.co.uk it brought me to the 123-Reg landing page.

However, just looked there and now it has a Wordpress blog on it (which I installed over a week ago). So it looks like its done, weird the way it changed after I posted here haha.

Will be doing the same later with another domain so just hope that it doesn't take a week again.

Thanks.

hi jamie, i had a similar 123-reg hosting problem for 6 days, finally sorted this morning. Im not sure but think may been working on their service

hi jamie, i had a similar 123-reg hosting problem for 6 days, finally sorted this morning. Im not sure but think may been working on their service

Oh, so I'm not going mad then :D

It's a bit of a joke to be honest, imagine if this was a site that was making £1,000 a day or whatever and then they take over a week to change nameservers when they say 24 hours max. As well as that I'm sure google wouldn't be too impressed with the site being down for that long.

Hopefully it's sorted out so I can do it later and not have to wait ages.

Make sure your domain is not 'locked' in its 123-reg status, as no changes will take effect unless you unlock it first.

Admin

Make sure your domain is not 'locked' in its 123-reg status, as no changes will take effect unless you unlock it first.

Admin

Don't even know what 'locked' is to be honest with you so I'm going to assume that it wasn't locked.

Sure it was not just propagating

when 123 is working fine ns changes are basically instant

they have had probs past week or two
ranging from 'syntax errrors' to saying changed and not changed
send a ticket and ask them to do manually

their site is taking yonks to load pages too
they keep making changes to site and just makes take longer to load and sometimes time out! yet they never address important changes

i MUST get a tag this year. its been too long

Sure it was not just propagating

Doubt it. Shouldn't take a week or so to do that.

@pred - Yeah I don't know what's up with them. I only use them for .co.uk domains (usually use Hostgator) and have to say Hostgator are miles ahead of them even though people complain about them a lot. Would be nice if 123 reg told their customers that there are some issues.

when 123 is working fine ns changes are basically instant

This is true, especially for UK hosted servers, but remember if you have already typed the address into your browser, clear the cache - or it will just bring up the 123 reg landing page again and cause some confusion.

If you still cant see it, even though who is shows the NS has been changed, try changing your DNS settings on your internet connection, try something like open DNS.
virgin media have always got ongoing routing issues i find:mad:

Hello,

My name is Nerys and I work for 123-Reg. I am sorry to hear that you have experienced difficulty making these nameserver changes.

We are not currently aware of and issues regarding changing nameservers through the 123-Reg control panel. I have used my own account to try to replicate your issue, however the nameserver changes I submitted did process correctly.

If you do experience this issue again please submit a support ticket, from the 123-Reg support site, as soon as possible after the error happening and we can have this issue fully investigated for you.

Thanks,

Nerys

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom