Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Dan Commission Update

Hi @daxio , there's a few comments in this thread that Bodis is US focused and that we only display USD, but we do actually have EUR and AUD too!. I assure you that we are everyone focused. Sure the US market is obviously the biggest but combined the European market is nearly as big as the US. The UK being one such larger market, NL, DE etc being the others.

Also if anyone is interested to see what Squadhelp looks like: timestable.co.uk . Click the sales link at the top :)
It was actually a domainer from the UK that recommended their services to me!

Also if anyone is interested to see what Squadhelp looks like: timestable.co.uk . Click the sales link at the top :)
It was actually a domainer from the UK that recommended their services to me!

Perhaps they could change inquire to enquire for UK domains ... :D

Pet hate.

Well native language English (UK) would be best .. o_O
Hi again @daxio . Think I'm understanding what you want now and its already possible. To make it 'proper English' just head over to manage domains/domain settings then change Desktop and Mobile text from 'default' to Custom.

You can then edit the for sales text to read Enquire about this domain :)

Still have questions?, drop me a line.

Last edited:
Hi James,

I hope you are well and thanks for taking the time to reply.

Reading the comments on GBP missing in the supported currencies. Your voice is heard, and an internal ticket has been raised from the inclusion of GBP.

Thanks that would be great, I'm pretty sure I emailed support about this sometime ago and was told GBP wasn't possible and wasn't in the pipeline. At the time I was shocked that AUD was supported and not GBP as I would have thought the .co.uk market place was bigger.

@Pedigree the example provided http://ww01.buildingmaintenance.uk is the Yahoo partner we work with, but if you'd like to drop me an email with any concerns you have and Ill certainly try and put things right.

If I recall correctly, I believe the issue was that clicking on the 'Inquiry' link was causing a loop. I will see if I can replicate it later and not re-directing to the offer page. I will see if I can replicate it if I have more time and will drop you a line if need be.

I look forward to see what the partnership with flip.uk brings.

Thanks also for the squadhelp recommendation, I will look into it, but until they add payout in GBP I doubt they will attract many UK based domainers.

I am currently playing around with a 1 month trial for domain.io, here is an example:

https://rub.co.uk/

They support dan, sedo, escrow and afternic and allow a custom buy it now button if you want to setup stripe payments etc.. You can also add a set percentage (for each platform) on top of the asking price to cover the commission incurred.

The best thing is that if a buyer opts to buy now through Dan.com, it will be treated as an imported sale and you will only be charged 5%. @JamesTuplin is this something that you could implement?

They also support lease to own through dan.com, but currently you will be charged the full commission. Although, I expect this might change soon as Dan sent this update recently:

Firstly, beginning March X, Dan customers will be able to import Lease-to-Own transactions, charged at a 10% commission rate. This widely requested feature will be accessible through Dan’s Sales Activity page.

Thanks again James!

DJ

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the domain.io lander, this looks good with the different payment options

I see Squadhelp charge only 4.5% commission for imported leads, is this a brandable only marketplace or do they also accept product/service domains?

The best thing is that if a buyer opts to buy now through Dan.com, it will be treated as an imported sale and you will only be charged 5%
This is very clever and I did consider it might be possible and was going to investigate the API at some point.
It's not explicitly stated in the docs but since domain.io can do it, it's probably safe to assume that a transaction created via the API is treated as an imported lead and subject to their lower 5% commission. If that's the case then a simple php lander integrating this api should be very easy to set up.
Unforgettable.co.uk are an Accredited Nominet Channel Partner.
Why did you get accredited? What 's the benefit?

Interesting twist on the GBP price appearing as the USD price on Afternic without any currency conversion (so a £100 name is listed at $100).

If you search GoDaddy for the same name it appears as a premium name that a customer can buy, but if GoDaddy detect you are in the UK it displays the price is GBP - based on the imported USD price complete with conversion to GBP. So they can do it when it suits them :)

If I recall correctly, I believe the issue was that clicking on the 'Inquiry' link was causing a loop. I will see if I can replicate it later and not re-directing to the offer page. I will see if I can replicate it if I have more time and will drop you a line if need be.

What you are referring to is definitely the sales link on the Y! lander rather than G lander. We were made aware and a bug fix was rolled out for this.

I am currently playing around with a 1 month trial for domain.io, here is an example:

https://rub.co.uk/

Hmmm interesting. As leads can only be imported once agreed upon though, when making an offer, is the negotiation via email at this point?, or is there a negotiation system? The way I see it, creating a BIN form that sends the leads over to Dan, fairly straightforward. Creating a negotiation system for buyers and sellers. More complex.

Here's a working example, I turned the Afternic integration back on on Wednesday, and 30 minutes ago a US buyer has bought a domain at BIN via Afternic.

I had it priced at £2,450 on Dan, but that's obviously $2,450 on Afternic now.

Normally, if selling for £2,450 at the old Dan 10% commission + VAT, once it hit my bank, which is a Euro bank account, it's usually around €2,450 depending on exchange rate.

With this $ sale, it's $ 2,450 minus $367 (15% commission), and minus $77 VAT on that, total $444

$444 off the sales prices leaves $2,006, which is €1,852, so around €600 less with it being a dollar sale, but still, it's money at the end of the day.

Had it been the other week, when we could still add 20% to the Afternic price via Dan, then I wouldn't have lost the other €600, then again, maybe they wouldn't have bought it if was 20% more, who knows, anyway, I'm happy at the price I got for it, that's why I turned integrations back on.

$444 off the sales prices leaves $2,006, which is €1,852, so around €600 less with it being a dollar sale, but still, it's money at the end of the day.

Had it been the other week, when we could still add 20% to the Afternic price via Dan, then I wouldn't have lost the other €600, then again, maybe they wouldn't have bought it if was 20% more, who knows, anyway, I'm happy at the price I got for it, that's why I turned integrations back on.

It was only last year that GoDaddy was complaining Namecheap weren't honouring BIN prices and were enriching themselves at the expense of domain investors. Pot kettle black.

nicks-kirkendall.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a working example, I turned the Afternic integration back on on Wednesday, and 30 minutes ago a US buyer has bought a domain at BIN via Afternic.

I had it priced at £2,450 on Dan, but that's obviously $2,450 on Afternic now.

Normally, if selling for £2,450 at the old Dan 10% commission + VAT, once it hit my bank, which is a Euro bank account, it's usually around €2,450 depending on exchange rate.

With this $ sale, it's $ 2,450 minus $367 (15% commission), and minus $77 VAT on that, total $444

well done - nice sale - what extension was it? and has the buyer paid?

@Nigel, thanks, it's a .co.uk sale, they paid straight after hitting the buy it now button. I'm releasing the domain to Dan now.

(Edit)

Domain released and Dan have sent the payment already.

Last edited:
Congrats on the sale. I don't know why they changed being able to set different prices on Afternic to take into effect the exchange rates, such a backwards step, not just for us but they are also losing money from commission from lower sale prices!

I myself like many here used Dan.com extensively, I was a big fan of their service and would recommend them to many, Bodis.com even partnered with them!, but after the commission hike from 9% to 25% on domains hosted elsewhere, I too looked for alternatives and considered both Sedo and Squad Help. In the end I settled on Squad Help as the commission was 7.5% rather than 15% Sedo charges if your domains are parked elsewhere. They support lease to buy, make an offer and BIN with a similar sales negotiation platform to Dan, but there is one drawback: currently Squad Help accepts USD payments only. They have also only just introduced the option to support VAT on purchases and that too can be a bit hit and miss.

Focusing on Bodis matters.

Whilst Bodis is first and foremost focused on revenue optimization for your domains, we have entered into a partnership with a major domain marketplace in the UK recently and announcements will be made soon.

Reading the comments on GBP missing in the supported currencies. Your voice is heard, and an internal ticket has been raised from the inclusion of GBP. @Pedigree the example provided http://ww01.buildingmaintenance.uk is the Yahoo partner we work with, but if you'd like to drop me an email with any concerns you have and Ill certainly try and put things right.

Each and every client and country is valued by us and if anyone would like to discuss any matter, please do feel free to reach out to me directly via PM or email. [email protected]

Hi James,

I hope you are well.

Any news on the inclusion of GBP to supported currencies?

Cheers,

DJ (Formally Pedigree)

Thank you, I've moved everything across from Dan

In case anyone is interested to see what it looks like cryptoprice.uk

CaptureCrypto.JPG

Might live to regret it but I disabled the email verification for now, because at a glance I just assumed it was just a receipt, prospective buyers might not realise they have to take further action for their details to be forwarded, it also has lots of use of the american spelling "inquiry"

"Domain Inquiry Email Verification
Hello mr m

We have received your domain inquiry request to the owner of ****. Before we can forward your inquiry, we kindly ask you to confirm that you have initiated this domain inquiry by clicking on the following link:

Last edited:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom