Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

A few end user sales:

Another 3 just confirmed:

parking-enforcement.co.uk (£90)
bailbondsdallastexas.com ($150)
HumanResourcesConsulting.co.uk (£150)

interesting read......

Federer,

It's been a few months now - how have you been getting on with your sales?

Still selling a bunch a day?

I'm not sure he's still active, I haven't see any new regs in his name (not been actively looking) and he's not been on the forum for a few months either.

That is a pity...it was actually quite inspiring...and a little surprising that there wasn't more encouragement in just his outgoing sales attempts (ethics in the domains aside)..

That is a pity...it was actually quite inspiring...and a little surprising that there wasn't more encouragement in just his outgoing sales attempts (ethics in the domains aside)..

Id still like to know what is the number of domains sold vs registered is

On the face of it, it may appear great but If you have to register 10 domains to sell 1 at £50 it doesn't look like such a worthwhile model + of course the time you have to spend on outreach.

It's really surprising the amount of people here that commented just to say well done without asking any questions

ps. Reading back I agree with everything I said on this thread

I think what surprised everyone was possibly the fact that he was very proactive in his selling...I personally agree with you that if time vs reward, and rate and % of return sucks - then what's the point...

to me the point is, like all businesses, scaling. If it works (his outreach method) - then one could argue that sending hundred of emails a day COULD make a tidy sum...

Personally, I'm indifferent. I tend to do outreach if I have cool brandable domains...otherwise just do outreach to fellow domainers or wait for the offer.....

Just sold a domain I bought in 2009 and so have held for 8 years, worth it though. Paid £25 (remember fcdomains 'Colin') and sold to Exeter city council today for £900, was parked on DomainManage @JMI

Just sold a domain I bought in 2009 and so have held for 8 years, worth it though. Paid £25 (remember fcdomains 'Colin') and sold to Exeter city council today for £900, was parked on DomainManage @JMI

A council. Interesting. Did you reach out or they contact you ? I find dealing with big companies etc a pain. Its always a commitee or they need to speak to such and such a department. Then it takes 3 months and reminders to get paid.

A council. Interesting. Did you reach out or they contact you ? I find dealing with big companies etc a pain. Its always a commitee or they need to speak to such and such a department. Then it takes 3 months and reminders to get paid.

They came to me, I'm only reactive these days. They used somebody to find it first, he then tabled the price etc at a meeting and it was approved, of course I have to complete a new supplier form !

Congratulations. With you mentioning them, do you feel that being with this specific parking page platform secured the deal over another?

Congratulations. With you mentioning them, do you feel that being with this specific parking page platform secured the deal over another?
I can only compare them to SEDO who I used to park with and the difference is night and day.

Nowt wrong with credit where its due, not just because they advertise and its not to say another comparable platform wouldnt achieve the same.

Last edited:

Really pleased to hear that - saved yourself 15%/20% commission too.

This is the thing I don't understand about domainers, you still have to initiate the transfer work yourself whether you use SEDO, GoDaddy etc because they can't!
And then after that still wait weeks to get paid.

<plug>The .uk domain transfer process so much slicker then .com, so if .uk is the majority of your portfolio it's even more of a no brainer to pay a one time fee for a domain sales platform like domainmanage.uk <plug/>

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom