Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Advice / Tip for dealing with afternic/uniregistry/godaddy for "premium" .com

Reaction score
a friend of mine has a local business (not online), with corresponding simple website on a .com "the------.com", ------.com was already taken so they just prefixed it as you see.

the ------.com is for "sale" via uniregistry with the typical lander. I've submitted a request with the bare minimum, but was wondering if anyone has any tips to avoid the BS that I am expecting after their initial robot email telling me how premium the domain is (imo, its not), and that they would like to find out what I would like to do with it, which of course I wont be doing.

Any tips to help keep the negotiation short and to get an offer to the domainer quickly?

Also if anyone has experience of what kind of minimum offers to expect etc would be appreciated.

cheers

If it's not owned by Uni/GD then why don't you try and approach the owner direct - will save them the Uni/GD commission.

In terms of approach, if you want to finalise things quickly - work out a budget based on your valuation and go straight in with a decent chunk of it and you'll quickly work out where you stand.

Minimum offers are going to relate to the actual name - so there isn't a minimum offer that would work for all names. If you offer £1k for a LLL.com it's unlikely they'll be trying to bite your hand off - whereas an offer of £500 for the name you have in mind might be a decent offer.

I bought via them a few months ago, asking price was upwards of 20k, I paid just over 1k in the end.

Took a couple of weeks of hard ball with the broker, but we got there in the end at less than 7% of the asking price.

well, they've come in at $1800 without me offering anything, which is about 4x as much as my friend would be comfortable paying.

why don't you try and approach the owner direct

whois email is a unireg email, so I Wouldnt know how to get in contact with them.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom