Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Affiliate Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

lee

Reaction score
Has anyone else ever got the impression that AW are not playing ball with the correct stats?

Here is a bit of background;

I have two sites, one getting 350uvs a day, making about £10 a day on Adsense over the past 4 months and abot £200 a quarter on Affiliate Sales (banner add click through on Affiliate Future) . Lovely.

The other is a fully fledged Ecommerce site, loaded with AW feed, has only made £30 in 2 months.

So, for a test, to see if I could use the traffic and clicks on Adsense and turn them into better paying affiliate sales, I forwarded the basic site to the Ecommerce site to see what would happen over 24hrs.

The answer is nothing. No sales and the click throughs actually went down. If anything, a site with 100UVs a day that suddenly goes to 500uvs, I would have expected perhaps 1 sale but certainly for the clicks to go up rather than down.

Due to AF being a good earner and AW being not so, Im wondering if the stats are not fudged in some way (AW tell me that I am tracking correctly)

Anyone else had anything like that with them?

**Update, just seen I had 5 sales through Amazon after the move for yesterday, but on a total expenditure of £250, the 5% that Amazon pays is nothing to write home about** - Would still like AW to start converting better.

Last edited:
interesting..
One of my sites was earning around 35 - 40 pm with a merchant via webgains, this particular merchant was also on AW but has since decided to only offer an affiliate program exclusively via AW. Since changing the feeds over to AW the earnings are down to around £3 to £5 PM for the last 4 months.

To be honest im not sure if its a panda update or the speed of the referral link, i have previously noticed the webgains links work much quicker than the AW links, (perhaps 1.5 seconds quicker)

So to sum up, no i dont think AW are fudging the stats, I think the tracking is too slow & thats not helping conversions. but like i said, it could be a co-incidence and it could be a panda slap :?

Thanks for that.

Im not sure the Panda update effects me, my sites only went live on the 20th December.

The switch between by link is completed by a PHP redirect and I cant question the new link opening, its very fast indeed.

Why not try something like clickmeter (.com)? It's pretty definitive if you're worried about stats and has loads of options to integrate.

Why not try something like clickmeter (.com)? It's pretty definitive if you're worried about stats and has loads of options to integrate.

I will take a look at that, thanks.

Just seen a possible problem with link cloaking implemented by Shopper Press, so I have disabled the cloaking and will try one more period of 24hrs to see how we get on.

Strange I've done OK with AW and absolutely nothing with AF for years. Before the Google EMD hammering I was doing some good numbers.

I wonder if that is a niche thing?

I do get sales in AW where I haven't embedded a source URL so I don't know where the leads come from (too many domains with AW banners or product feeds).

Keep us posted, this is interesting.

Admin

Just seen a possible problem with link cloaking implemented by Shopper Press, so I have disabled the cloaking and will try one more period of 24hrs to see how we get on.

Is this the standard link cloaking provided in Premiumpress themes?

I use it on some of my larger sites so it would be interesting to know the outcome of your little experiment.

Thanks

Is this the standard link cloaking provided in Premiumpress themes?

I use it on some of my larger sites so it would be interesting to know the outcome of your little experiment.

Thanks

I dont think it has made much difference to be honest. I have 'un-cloaked' them and received another 500 UVs yet only 6 click-throughs so far today. Something is seriously amiss here.

I thought perhaps my items were too highly priced yet the 9,000 items on the feed do range from 99p up to £x,xxx. -

Im going to move the site away from AW. What other options do I have, its a Jewellery Feed I need, not to high end. Would like to go through another Affiliate Provider (AF do not provide the feeds I need as far as I know)

If Argos Jewelery is of any use to you their program is available via cj.com they might even have other merchants for you not my sector though so im not sure

If Argos Jewelery is of any use to you their program is available via cj.com they might even have other merchants for you not my sector though so im not sure

Argos will be great, as will F Hinds who also seem to sell the crap jewellery that my customers crave :cool: - Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom