Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Any Sales????

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, please don't PM me about this - I've already had to turn down one PMed question in the last few minutes. What I can share, I am sharing. What I can't share, I won't share. Thanks!

I just hope somebody with money to spend isn't reading this and thinking they can buy low search longtail keyphrase domains and get a grand + for them as and when they see fit.

Last 2-3 months. VAT was charged on top.

Cheers.

So extrapolating over a year that is the equivalent of between £28 to £42k. With renewal fees of your 6k+ domains of £15k it represents 100% per annum return which looks decent to me.

Cheers.

So extrapolating over a year that is the equivalent of between £28 to £42k. With renewal fees of your 6k+ domains of £15k it represents 100% per annum return which looks decent to me.

No comment :)

One more thing about sales on Acorn...

I don't see many people willing to waste time trying to bargain on a name ("Make Offer" forum) because there are typically all sorts of reactions (rejection, no response, "I'm looking for more", pushing the name to an auction, etc.) and it's a lot of effort relatively speaking for an "unknown" result when there are so many other opportunities out there.

I browse the forum via the "New Posts" function, and I don't even bother to click down into any thread that is in the "Make Offer" forum unless there are a ton of posts in the thread - and if then, it's to see what all the excitement is about... never to buy.

On the other hand, names with known sales prices ("Bargain Basement" and "Fixed Price" forums, and some threads in "Portfolio Sales") have at least a chance of catching someone's eye because then it's a simple "yes/no" decision with a "certain" outcome - you know exactly what's on offer and what it will cost you.

Sold a few hand regges this month for about £400, all hand regged late feb/early March so yes sales are still happening. (Sold a few others for cheap too).

Sorry should have made it clear I was talking about Acorn sales, not the entire UK domain space. I just don't see any business happening in here, 2 or 3 months now.

Sorry should have made it clear I was talking about Acorn sales, not the entire UK domain space. I just don't see any business happening in here, 2 or 3 months now.

Out of curiosity, how many domains have you bought on Acorn in the last 2 or 3 months?

I sold popcorn.co.uk this month, and a couple of mid xxx domains...

As an earlier post said, with google taking out the exact match boost - that's killed off quite a few domains that used to be valuable for mini sites.

I used to develop those sorts of domains, but now I don't go near them.

Not much liquidity being created by sedo on the parking front.

One single domain stats.

Month to date 95 click through's

EPC 0.02 EUR
CTR 10.88%

earnings 1.61 Euros

Not much liquidity being created by sedo on the parking front.

One single domain stats.

Month to date 95 click through's

EPC 0.02 EUR
CTR 10.88%

earnings 1.61 Euros

Have you checked if the domain is banned from receiving earnings via google ads feed.

A few years back I had a load of domains on Sedo blocked from earning withe google feed causing earnings to crash.

Stephen

Have you checked if the domain is banned from receiving earnings via google ads feed.

A few years back I had a load of domains on Sedo blocked from earning withe google feed causing earnings to crash.

Stephen

How can you check ?

Is it me or are we reaching the stage you can't even give domains away? Since the nTLDS, I struggle to recall seeing a 'sold' on any domains posted for sale. So many domains for sale at effectively reg price and no takers, there's even some being offered for free, no takers?????

Any thoughts pls share.

Decided to get back into investing in the .CO.UK space this week.
Acquiring several domains today/tomorrow. Will update with sales numbers over the coming week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom