Membership is FREE – with unlimited access to all features, tools, and discussions. Premium accounts get benefits like banner ads and newsletter exposure. ✅ Signature links are now free for all. Share your own thoughts and experience, accounts may be terminated for violations.
  • Welcome to AcornDomains.co.uk, a friendly community for UK domain investors, developers and anyone interested in domain names.

    Whether you're looking to buy or sell domains, learn more about the UK domain market, get feedback on your names, or simply chat with other domainers, you're in the right place. AcornDomains has been bringing together people from across the UK domain industry for many years, from complete beginners to experienced investors.

    Have a look around, join the discussions and, if you haven't already, create a free account and introduce yourself.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal AuctionWallet.com / co.uk / net / org / info / eu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Posts
17
Reaction score
5
Hi,

I'd appreciate your honest comments on this set
of domains which I own.

Value / Ideas / Potential?

Thanks in advance, Tony
 
The link between the 2 words is very weak. Can't see any value at all, sorry.
 
Can’t see anyone really wanting to set a brand around the term….. If it gets little or no traffic, you had no offers and it makes less than its renew fee after a few years its some times better to let it slide? I’d say this was one of those case’s if your unsure keep the . com

Loosely something around people wanting to find best place to put winnings in gambling type sites best payout, bonus, offers etc but that would be a lot of work and doubt you would ever see a return
 
Last edited:
Can't see any predictable (ie inherent) value in these - the only potential is that someone with money may decide on using that phrase as a brand before they contact you and offer big bucks, but it's not really very likely, unless you've had a lot of offers on them over the years you've had them?
 
Can't see any predictable (ie inherent) value in these - the only potential is that someone with money may decide on using that phrase as a brand before they contact you and offer big bucks, but it's not really very likely, unless you've had a lot of offers on them over the years you've had them?

I've had 3 separate offers on the .com and .co.uk over the last few years,
which I turned down, as my original plan was to create a payment platform
for auction websites, similar to PayPal.

I may very well still do this, but I wanted to get your opinions first.

Thanks for your comment which I appreciate, Tony
 
I've had 3 separate offers on the .com and .co.uk over the last few years,
which I turned down, as my original plan was to create a payment platform
for auction websites, similar to PayPal.

I may very well still do this, but I wanted to get your opinions first.

Thanks for your comment which I appreciate, Tony

Offering a service that’s already available and trying to capture part of something that’s core is a pretty closed i.e. ebay. That’s millions in investment good luck with that…?
 
Offering a service that’s already available and trying to capture part of something that’s core is a pretty closed i.e. ebay. That’s millions in investment good luck with that…?

The harder you work, the luckier you get :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom