Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

BBC one show tonight about domainers

Reaction score
Anyone watch it, thoughts?

Could have been much better but good for you big domain owners when he mentioned buying furniture for £600k to sit on.

yeah quite surprised to see it, shame it didn't go on for a bit longer but was a good watch.

I'm just watching it now, thanks @Whois-Search

It's already started off badly, "there are also other people out there known as domain dealers"

Domain dealers psh

Are any of the people who took part members here?

If none do join because of the programme, I'm not sure what that says. :)

Id guess younger men would be the most likely to be interested in domains, I doubt many younger men watch the one show.

It's programming designed for peasants so will be dumbed down. I won't be watching and have already been given a rundown by someone. The furniture.co.uk bloke doesn't post here AFAIK but he's called "betthelot" on NamePros. Might be good PR for him and other self promotion types. No benefit for most others. Cue lots of idiotic new members joining this forum and posting all sorts of diatribe. Steve Admin should win from that one if he can convert some to paying. If none do join because of the programme, I'm not sure what that says. :)

god you sound depressed is all the hot weather and loneliness catching up with you david ! :rolleyes:

Not nearly as bad as I feared it would be when I first heard about the project a few months ago. They steered well clear of "cybersquatting" which is the slant the mainstream media usually seem to go for. If the "Mo" is who I think it is, it also explains why I hit a brick wall trying to secure a geo domain...

Doesn't seem like the show inspired any new potential domain dealers to join us :(

Aron Meystedt

http://domainincite.com/21880-unire...-millions-that-domainers-exist#comment-460289

While I do appreciate ANY coverage of the domain industry by the mainstream media — I was a bit disappointed in how short the segment was.

I think the initial plan was for a 30 minute or hour long special — the execs must have decided otherwise.

They interviewed me (via Skype) for about an hour and asked some FANTASTIC questions about the industry.
We covered everything you’d want to know if you were new to the business. I am sure they talked – in detail – with the others as well.

To see it whittled down to a few seconds was unfortunate – but, hey — I’ll take it

Aron

Graham Haynes

http://domainincite.com/21880-unire...-millions-that-domainers-exist#comment-460331

Hi Arron
I did 2 hours with them and explained their value to end users and that furniture.co.uk was being developed not for resale. All lost worst was they edited a sentence I NEVER said they joined two different sentences on the But. And this is BBC the gold standard of broadcasting
Graham Haynes

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom