Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Best way of advertising/selling a domain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering the most affective way people are trying to sell their domain names?

For example: would you:

* Put on namedrive.com/sedo.com and wait for someone to stumble across it (as Iv heard parking domains do not get listed on Google etc?)

* Obviously developing a site allows Google etc to crawl and gets visitors reading information placed on the site but then you are limited to a targeted audience?

* What about a place-holder stating the domain is for sale and an email address for someone to contact you?

Help anyone?

Re: Selling Domains

Hi, I am fairly new to this game and have approx. 20 .co.uk domains. I thought I would share my experiences:

I must admit I have not spent any time trying to push a sale of any of the domains due to the lack of time. I have had these domains for approx. 1 year now and need to get serious!

I listed around 5 of these on sedo but didnt get much joy - not even click throughs...

For my domains I also setup a dummy site with a contact email of [email protected] and wait for people to get in touch. This has been much better, some of my domains have quite a lot of interest whereas other have had none at all.

I must admit that I havent offered any for sale, but only offer a rent/lease option which I have offered for as little as 1.99 per week, but find people are reluctant to rent and prefer to buy instead. I may start to consider sales...

I would be interested in hearing other peoples experiences...

There is no best way although most of the ones I have sold are via Sedo.

Basically try everything you can.

Hi, I was wondering the most affective way people are trying to sell their domain names?

For example: would you:

* Put on namedrive.com/sedo.com and wait for someone to stumble across it (as Iv heard parking domains do not get listed on Google etc?)

Motivated buyers are often the best to deal with , so them finding you is a bonus.

* Obviously developing a site allows Google etc to crawl and gets visitors reading information placed on the site but then you are limited to a targeted audience?

Then you are entering the realms of development! :)

* What about a place-holder stating the domain is for sale and an email address for someone to contact you?

You can do that on both of the above!

It does depend on the name, if the name will not sell on strength of the name itself it could be worth building up traffic etc.

Nice replies

Many thanks for your replies. Interesting to see what people do and what works/what doesnt.

Im in the same boat as Sigmond, domains used to be parked at Sedo - I had the traffic but not any clicks but Im not too fussed on earning from domains I would prefer to just sell them out the way now - but never find myself leaving any lapse. I then parked them at Namedrive but that was pants after they suspend me for no reason. I then developed a few and get traffic with those, but find it hard to place a dirty great "For sale" banner on websites Iv developed.

They are now back at Sedo (only recently), but again, no interest off anyone.

First Catch!

Hey Guys after month of no activity, one day after my first post on this website I think I have managed to secure the 'lease' of one of my domains! Although the price is low, at least it got me started, just i was considering packing it all in!

Is anybody prepared to share 'leasing' experiences? I need to put together an agreement that will ensure the person leasing the domain does not claim permanent ownership to it or start to abuse it through spam emails.

Can anybody recommend a ready made domain leasing agreement or share one they have put together?

Thanks in advance

Now for sale number two!

?

How would you lease a domain? Keep the domain yourself and just point DNS to the participants webspace?

Thanks

Lease?

Sorry hardbyte - thats what I meant by lease - maybe the terms not correct, but yes I would either do that or just provide web/email forwarding if that all they wanted.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom