Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Brexit: The movie

Reaction score
Just got round to watching this. Wow. Is everything in that documentary true because I didn't know half of it? Interested to hear from anyone but especially those who are against an exit.

Like most propaganda it contains some true facts but it's hardly a balanced view :)
I wouldn't call it a documentary

Yeah was just hoping someone could tell me what the lies were in this film. I know it's not balanced that's why I asked. Also I'm aware of the debate thread but that is people's opinions - I was more interested in knowing what was said that was true and what was a lie.

It's a bit of a big ask for someone to sit through it and fact check it for you but from what I can tell it's mostly unsubstantiated opinion from rent-a-gobs.

I tried watching it, Melanie Phillips is in it inside the first minute. I'm not much interested in the opinion of someone who doesn't believe in climate change, says vaccines cause autism, is against gay rights, rejects peace in Northern Ireland, supports Trump and makes her living spouting outrageous bigotry.

No I didn't ask anyone to fact check it for me - was asking somebody who might *know* more. Thanks for your opinion but, as it says nothing about anything raised in the movie, I guess I'll have to 'fact check' it myself. Didn't realise the whole for and against thing was solely on gut feeling. I thought somebody might have done some research. My bad.

No I didn't ask anyone to fact check it for me - was asking somebody who might *know* more. Thanks for your opinion but, as it says nothing about anything raised in the movie, I guess I'll have to 'fact check' it myself. Didn't realise the whole for and against thing was solely on gut feeling. I thought somebody might have done some research. My bad.

The film is propaganda which generally appeals to emotion rather than reason. It's not a good starting point for research. It's very difficult to prove conjecture right or wrong.

Honestly I don't know whether everything in the film is true or not. As it's pro Brexit it's obviously biased, but that doesn't mean what it is saying is untrue. It doesn't necessarily mean that it's 100% factual either. I've heard the same sort of information from other people though, but whether you can believe them or not comes down to how much you trust them I suppose. Here's some information on MEPs though that might be of interest. http://www.europarl.org.uk/en/about-us/faqs.html#TOP

As for Edwins article, that's obviously biased towards remain and doesn't offer much that would likely stand up to scrutiny from what I can tell.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom