Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Change is coming (again)....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sense for them to keep people on the results pages for ad purposes. Not sure how revolutionary it will be though - it already answers lots of informational queries like that already.

I don't like that site, I'm worried I might get a bill ;)

So basically, it'll be using an algorithm to decide whos' content represents the correct answer, then it'll present it as its own without credit or link. That's not something to endear it to site owners. It has years of search results data to see which sites searchers have selected for repeat visiting. Nice!

I have not seen an official statement from Google on this, this story first appeared on the Wall Street Journal site Yesterday and seems to have been copied by others.

So I am hoping that the WSJ made this story up and that none of this is going to happen:)

Its a worrying move and website owners will have to work harder to become less reliant on Google by increasing their social media fanbase and interaction or by increasing their email option database.

The trend has been clear for years: Google will gradually repackage more and more and more content as its own (either though selective quoting or by "buying in" the info if it's fact-based). Why wouldn't it? It's the gatekeeper to the majority of the world's traffic, and until somebody raps it HARD on the legal knuckles there's every commercial reason for it to continue and no commercial reason for it to stop.

What that means is a year from now it will be harder to get "organic" traffic from Google than now. 2 years from now it will be harder still. And don't get me started about 5 years from now...

So basically, it'll be using an algorithm to decide whos' content represents the correct answer, then it'll present it as its own without credit or link. That's not something to endear it to site owners. It has years of search results data to see which sites searchers have selected for repeat visiting. Nice!

Try searching for: d90 weight

I think this "news" has been around for a while now. It's already been moving in that direction for some time. If you want to do a weight or currency conversion google will give you the answer on it's results page.
I guess the website owners who are cited in the results of blossom's d90 weight are happy if it get them to the top of the results page?? not sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom