Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Corona please read very important

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes antibody tests are going to be fascinating, if done widely you'll get an idea just what a massive number of people have been more or less asymptomatic. Andorra is testing the whole country, the data could be very valuable for the ROW. I'm of the opinion the number of people with it or who have had it would be over 1 billion.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rders-150-000-antibody-tests-South-Korea.html

Yes antibody tests are going to be fascinating, if done widely you'll get an idea just what a massive number of people have been more or less asymptomatic. Andorra is testing the whole country, the data could be very valuable for the ROW. I'm of the opinion the number of people with it or who have had it would be over 1 billion.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rders-150-000-antibody-tests-South-Korea.html

Yes, it will be both fascinating and invaluable to get those results. I'm inclined to believe that it's more widespread than was thought too.

Usually people who say that are people that believe they have already had it. Would I be right to believe that you suspect you have already had it at some point?

Usually people who say that are people that believe they have already had it. Would I be right to believe that you suspect you have already had it at some point?

Interesting! I've done a lot of reading and thinking about this, like many have. People in our small mountain village have had it. I may have had it, I really couldn't call it. Not really had any convincing symptoms. My belief is based on what Ive read and studied. This is one of the most communicable nasties, much more so than its 'peers' from the last 20 years.

If Im correct in this thought then the mortality rate will be a very, very low one. There will be a scarier novel flu virus than this one so lets hope lots of lessons will have been learned, Im gobsmacked by how globally unprepared we were for this. I mean have world leaders not seen the 'Pandemic' docuseries that came out just before this!

Todays numbers;

UK - 439

Sweden - 76 (extrapolated 488)

That's the biggest daily jump for Sweden and the fist time the extrapolated figure is bigger that the UK.

If Im correct in this thought then the mortality rate will be a very, very low one. There will be a scarier novel flu virus than this one so lets hope lots of lessons will have been learned, Im gobsmacked by how globally unprepared we were for this. I mean have world leaders not seen the 'Pandemic' docuseries that came out just before this!

I'm sure they have. The Rockefeller Foundation pretty much outlined this in their Lockstep document of 2011.

And then there was Event 201 from November last year.

Looks like Sweden is about to abandon its "less lockdown" approach.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...legislation-allow-extraordinary-steps-combat/

Lena Hallengren, the country's health minister, said that government's limited existing powers would not allow it to take the tough actions necessary should infection numbers start to spiral upwards.

"We believe that the provisions currently available under the infectious diseases law are not sufficiently powerful," she told the country's TT newswire. The new law, she said, would give the authorities "possibilities which are at least close to those available to other countries."

They've been under increasing pressure from other countries telling them to lockdown.

Looks like Sweden is about to abandon its "less lockdown" approach.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...legislation-allow-extraordinary-steps-combat/

Lena Hallengren, the country's health minister, said that government's limited existing powers would not allow it to take the tough actions necessary should infection numbers start to spiral upwards.

"We believe that the provisions currently available under the infectious diseases law are not sufficiently powerful," she told the country's TT newswire. The new law, she said, would give the authorities "possibilities which are at least close to those available to other countries."

In related news, neighbouring Norway says the coronavirus outbreak is "under control" in the country - despite going for a stricter lockdown than Sweden.

"It said the reproduction rate of the disease, the number of new people infected by each patient with the virus, had fallen to 0.7.

That was down from 2.5 when containment measures such as closing public spaces and banning sports and cultural events were introduced in mid-March.

"This means that we have brought the coronavirus infection under control," Health Minister Bent Hoie told reporters."

https://www.dailysabah.com/world/eu...-under-control-in-norway-health-minister-says

They've [Sweden] been under increasing pressure from other countries telling them to lockdown.

So what kind of pressure would that be then?

Why can't you just accept the obvious conclusion which is that they're locking down of their own accord because they've relucantly concluded that it's necessary?

Slight positive is Spain and Italy numbers seem to have plateaued and on the way down

Why can't you just accept the obvious conclusion which is that they're locking down of their own accord because they've relucantly concluded that it's necessary?

The Swedish government is coming under increasing pressure from Sweden's medical and scientific community to end its "less lockdown" policy

A petition signed by more than 2,300 doctors, scientists, and professors - including the chairman of the Nobel Foundation, professor Carl-Henrik Heldin - has called on the government to increase restrictions.

Professor Cecilia Soderberg-Naucler, a virus immunology expert at the Karolinska Institute, said: “We’re not testing enough, we’re not tracking, we’re not isolating enough – we’ve let the virus loose. They are leading us to catastrophe.”

https://www.theweek.co.uk/coronavirus/106382/is-sweden-s-experimental-coronavirus-plan-working

I don't know, just repeating what I'd read.

You may be correct - I'm not married to any possibility, and can change my mind when evidence presents itself. That's what being open minded is. It may be that Sweden's numbers explode, or preferably, the UK's decrease dramatically. All I've been doing is comparing the two strategies between the UK and Sweden. Lockdown vs. none.

The Swedish government is coming under increasing pressure from Sweden's medical and scientific community to end its "less lockdown" policy

A petition signed by more than 2,300 doctors, scientists, and professors - including the chairman of the Nobel Foundation, professor Carl-Henrik Heldin - has called on the government to increase restrictions.

Professor Cecilia Soderberg-Naucler, a virus immunology expert at the Karolinska Institute, said: “We’re not testing enough, we’re not tracking, we’re not isolating enough – we’ve let the virus loose. They are leading us to catastrophe.”

https://www.theweek.co.uk/coronavirus/106382/is-sweden-s-experimental-coronavirus-plan-working

Yes – but BREWSTERS was alleging that this pressure was coming from other countries. The point of my reply to him was that it seemed far more likely that the locking down would have emanated from opinions and decisions taken within Sweden, and your reply seems to bear this out.

Sweden's deaths has gone up substantially again today - 114 (extrapolated that's 731).

@Richard K - I have seen reports last week that other countries were putting pressure on Sweden to adopt harsher policies. I don't dispute that pressure has also come from within.

758 people have died in hospital of the coronavirus in England alone in the last 24 hours.

854 people died in hospital across the UK as a whole. (That's sadly a new daily high. Previous highest daily high was 708 across the UK.)

That should mean the overall total is 6,227 deaths in hospital, if my math is correct.

Last edited:
854 people died in hospital across the UK as a whole. (That's sadly a new daily high. Previous highest daily high was 708 across the UK.)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52167016

"Experts are warning against over-interpreting daily figures of people dying with Covid-19, since they often reflect reporting delays. Spikes or dips may in part reflect bottlenecks in the reporting system, rather than real changes in the trend."

That would make sense since yesterday it was reported only 439 people passed away and now today a big jump

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom