Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Crazy Domains - £1 .uk reg (Aug 2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just come across this deal Crazy Domains are doing, £1 for .uk registration (1 year).

I couldn't find a catch, anyone know different?

How are they selling them for less than cost? (other than being a loss leader)

:shock:

They have been doing it for a good while now mate, .org.uk's are just 50p

When i find something worth while i reg through them, and send a message asking to change the TAG. normally done within a day or 2

These will be throwaway domains so not too bothered about anything other than regging them, at this stage

I was looking to reg around 50 .co.uk's, so quite a nice little saving.

The renewal fees aren't at that price, they go back up to standard.

I don't know about anyone else, but I find I need to be logged out when i choose the domains, and then log in during the purchase to get the £1 price.

They've also just remedied what I'm guessing was an error so it is now only £1 for one year only

(a couple of weeks ago you could register 10 years for £10 which I did for a couple!)

I did a (little) bit of digging on crazy domains, seems they are part of a company run out of dubai.

Perhaps a billionaire Sheikh/prince/whatever is backing them?

Couple the losses they are making on .co.uk's with the pamela anderson sponsorship... seems they are aiming to take on godaddy.

Hmm, seems there is a catch after-all, I regged a .org.uk (to test their control panel etc) and it seems there's no option to hide details from whois listing, without paying them £2.50 ...

I've dropped their support an email to confirm.

edit: newbie mistake, I can still do this via nominet

Last edited:
DarkSky I believe you can do this from nominets panel either way ? just set the contact to opt-out ?

Pretty sure they're an Aussie company. Some people have reported service issues but that's not a problem with a .uk since you're in full control of it via Nominet anyway. :)

CrazyDomains portray themselves as an Australian company, but they operate out of Dubai. I two have registed a few domains at the £1 rate, but they keep popping my registrations on pending so can take a while.

Oh, and support, you can forget it, even with the fact that I have over 80 domains with them, and there uk support number is 'As Dead as a Dodo' :/

Yeah, I've come to find their support is terribly slow. 4 days for a canned response...

A Couple of support quotes for you

CD: "Are you sick and tired of your current domain name provider"
Me: "Yes"
CD: "You can now transfer all of your domains to CrazyDomains for free"
Me: "You are my current domain registrar"
CD: "Silence....."

Me: "Why have my domains been charged, but not registered?"
CD: "You have been randomly selected for extra checks to prevent fraud, you need to send us a copy of your ID and the front of your CreditCard"

How to transfer domains away from Crazy Domains?

I have registered a couple of .co.uk and .org.uk (and one .com) with Crazy Domains - on the special offer of £1 - but after trying a few more they delayed the registrations for fraud protection purposes then refused to register them - more likely they didn;t want another domain to go for £1 !!!! Anyway,

After a little digging myself, there are a lot of unhappy people out there (this happens for all companies I guess) but there appears to be no UK support is my main issue. the telephone line 08456 171 171 goes to an answerphone!

SO, i looked in my account for transferring away (to 123-reg) but cannot see how to initiate the transfer... Any help would be really appreciated!

Many thanks

You must be insane wanting to go to 123-reg, if you havent had a cat scan lately maybe time to look into it, seriously I'd be hard pressed to imagine a worse company. Search the forum

Anyway assuming you haveba head injury and still want to transfer them to 123, you can either email support and ask them to change the isptag to your chosen one, many members report success with this in varying timeframes, failing pay £12 to nom for a bulk isptag change if you get nowhere with support.

I'd kinda like that too, I would think you just email them with a list of domains, and ask them to change the tag. But then again, that's too easy.

And if it comes to it, you can just get Nominet to change the tag for a charge of £10 +VAT

Last edited:
Well, I'll be damned, they registered the domain's on hold, all of them. I think the threat of moving my domain's and then actually moving them to another account worked :D

When I try to purchase a domain its changes the price from £1 to £7. The site seems to be a scam :(

When I try to purchase a domain its changes the price from £1 to £7. The site seems to be a scam :(

There is a limit on .com domains to one per account, register it with a new account and then transfer to your main one. I can talk you through the transfer process if you need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom