Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

UKBackorder Auction (DA40 relisted) sciencenet.org.uk

Reaction score
Back on auction again thanks to a non-payer
Ends Thursday

about 500 uniques per day
sciencenet.org.uk
Majestic Backlinks: 5648 | Majestic Referring Domains: 355
Majestic EDU Backlinks: 48 | Majestic EDU Referring Domains: 17 | Majestic GOV Backlinks: 9 | Majestic GOV Domains: 1
Moz DA: 40 | Moz PA: 35 | Ahrefs DR: 33
Including links from: nasa.gov, wisc.edu, theguardian.com, ucl.ac.uk, various universities and scientific academies

Last edited:
Can you not name and shame the non-payer so others are aware?
It doesn’t happen often but no excuse for that behaviour.

It's a grey area publicly naming people. I'd like to but I'm not sure of the legalities. I doubt it would matter anyway as probably fake names, fake emails, fake phone numbers, and fake IPs.
All I can say is there's been a spate of dodgy activity all from a certain country which is now banned as I'm tired of the constant lies, begging, and general multiple 'support' emails it generates. There have been quite a few non-payers in the last month and I always suck it up and pay the catchers anyway. I've already paid the original catcher of this domain more than the auction will probably generate :p
Twice last week I had to remove bidders and roll back the auction bids to the last legitimate person. Again... same country.
I thought introducing phone verification would put people off but I didn't realise people can easily get disposable phone numbers now. So now I've updated the software to check that.
Of course ALL are from gmail addresses but email address verification is worthless nowadays.
Sadly there is a growing section of scammers/spammers who don't care about their behaviour or getting caught and banned.

Last edited:
Nightmare! Appreciate you sharing that Rob.
Didn’t know it was becoming a common occurrence. Not fair to you or the catchers.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom