Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Dan.com - no VAT shown now?

Reaction score
Hi

Nearly all of my domains are parked with dan.com which has worked well for me.

As at VAT registered seller all my domains used to show price plus VAT and explain that VAT was only payable for UK buyers.

Dan’s landing pages now no longer mention vat which means I will now have to enter into conversation with all my buyers to ascertain if they are from the UK or not and wether to charge VAT or not or as an alternative increase my prices by 20% just in case?

Also if buyer says he is not from UK to avoid paying vat and then later I find out they are I will have to give 20% to the vat man meaning a sales price of 20% less than expected.

I am considering making my own landing pages and dropping Dan but do you think this could harm sales?

Andy

Hey Andy,
Just posted about this as well. It's not going to work for me, I'll switch back to my own old landing pages and do the leg work myself. Like the old days!

It doesn't make any sense to me, they surely only need to remove the VAT element from their commission fee, not the sale price (which should remain dependent on who you sell to, UK or Europe).

Presume uk makes up a very small part of their business

I was expecting my Brexit dividend this week, but saw this thread instead.

I have today spoken to Reza the owner of Dan.com and they are due to implement changes to sort this out.

Update from Dan

Hi Andrew,

Since Brexit, we, unfortunately, weren't able to facilitate VAT applicable transactions for our UK sellers anymore.

However, we can now happily share with you that we have added the UK VAT rules to our VAT collection module to make sure no DAN user is negatively impacted by Brexit.

This means that from now on, you can easily collect UK VAT from your UK-based buyers at DAN. Simply make sure you've added a valid VAT number in your account settings, and we take care of the rest!

If you have any questions about this update, please reach out to our support team for assistance.

Kind regards,

Laszlo

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom