Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

deleting co uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah they are not idea's I'm likely to share, due to the time taken to work out how to do that ;)

Single Day lists are free on domainlore, which is the 7th Day from today.

Other whole week lists are anything upto £50, and £100s for a month ahead, and god knows for upto 3 months.

where does domainlore get his lists from? and how does domainlore make money on his site? does he catch a number of them himself and then sell them on? sorry for such silly questions

Most people start with a zone file and add to it. e.g. the co uk file will have a couple of million+ domains in it then add to it. or theres .net .com zone files.

and does any one know how much a zone file would cost? rough guess is allowed.

An upto date .UK zone file doesn't exist any more the last one, is roughly 4 years old and knocking around, and contains roughly 2 million names, no other data just domain name.

As for the .net/org/com zonefiles, there are 104,000,00 yes, 104 MILLION names combined, 8-9m for .org, 12-13m for .net and 84-85m for .com.

You can get them by signing up with the registry, just google domain zone files.

p.s. 312,000,000 lookups to create a list of 8m names, would take you roughly 3-4 years to scan.

so really, any drop list isnt a complete list? its just a semi complete list that has say all the domains from 2-7 letters long (accounting for say 95%), is that right?

I had a conversation with a Nominet developer last year about drop catching in general and he stated that nominet are indeed looking into making droplist available.

Not because they want to help us out, but because they are worried about their data. They recognise that in order to make drop lists it requires storing data about large numbers of domains, i.e. duplicating a large art of their database. This is technically against nominet terms, but they recognise that in order to do business we need to do this.

Hence the option of making available droplists is (or has) been discussed at nominet. I suspect the 1000 limit that appeared or was enforced more lately was part of this concern.

I've not heard anything since so I suspect this has been given a low priority among other current issues :confused:

If you take the .com zone file, change the extensions to .co.uk then do the same for .org.uk and .me.uk then scan the 3 lists of 80 million records each you are going to end up with a pretty complete list of registered .uk domain names. You can never know whether it's a complete list because Nominet don't release .uk zone files.

Like I said, much simpler to just buy droplists from someone who's already done the hard work.

Grant

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom