Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Domain For Sale Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm going to get developed 'for sale' pages for my individual domains to resolve to as an alternative to sedo parking.

In order to get some inspiration I would be interested in seeing some examples of pages you have come across or run yourself.

I don't really plan to put in adsense / parked page types of ads on these pages - just a simple this domain is for sale and if you are interested contact us here.

Many thanks
Stephen.

Edwin used something like this on MemorableDomains.co.uk.

I think there is a script he uses that reads the forwarding domain and places that doamin name at the top of the page.

See the domain I bought from you today for my parking page :) I set up some basic PHP code which displays the URL (without www) on a subdomain of my website, then just park all domains on top of it - done.

Last edited:
I know everybody wants to do their own private sale page, but is it safe? you might get con out of a domain or why would buyers trust you?

I know everybody wants to do their own private sale page, but is it safe? you might get con out of a domain or why would buyers trust you?

its absolutely safe
and buyers would trust you if done tastefully and/or link to your web development site or brokerage site

problem with uk domains and domainers is they make themselves uncontactable in many cases, especially down to whois restrictions
imo very few people see the sedo 'for sale link'
most visitors switch off as soon as they see a parked page and think 'ffs' , as many want a service, and another chunk were hoping it was free
make it easy for buyers to find you

also, parking is ok, for the most generic terms but there are more and more people (lawyers) trying to strongarm domains from you

best to have a page 'under development' and have a contact page or something imho

Thanks guys, will start to move them out one by one.

Anyway added the form in, as I don't have any programming experience I am using bigG's Docs, as you can see here not very desirable Lamoon.

Can you recommend any free form sites, that will not disappear tomorrow?

P.S. sorry in advance, as I had ripped a lot of the form wordings from you guys...

Quality of pages dont really affect sales IMHO , if someone wants a name they will get in touch :)

Thanks Systreg and Rob I quess you're right, well going to stick will G's form then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom