Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Roll your own landing pages for domain sales

dee

Reaction score
Just thought i'd share really for anyone who's interested in rolling their own landing pages for their domains.

I've found this place :

https://qr-cloud.com/?referral_key=7ade21d6eeae4edc47e160dad9d1d66a

There is a referral in there for full disclosure. It's actually a QR code generating site, but they do all kinds of QR links. One of them being a landing page. Its really quick and easy to knock pages up, and then just forward to the link rather use the QR code side. Works really well and is really quick.

The big advantage for me however is the fact you can add a custom domain (or subdomain ) and have all the urls show up as your own. This also allows you to put adsense code on to mop up any traffic / tyre kicker clicks and potentially pay a bit if you get a lot of traffic to some domains. Bit of chat GPT content and your good to go. Because its a subdomain of an already approved domain on adsense, its already in place. You cant do that with other page providers as its not your domain and places like sedo etc make virtually nil in sharing.

Anyway.... thought it might be of interest to some !

As an example, made in about 5 mins

https://invests.co.uk

Last edited:
Interesting idea :)

FYI - Safari on my iPhone gave me a warning page / not secure connection, so guess that’s to do with the SSL maybe propagating later…

Interesting idea :)

FYI - Safari on my iPhone gave me a warning page / not secure connection, so guess that’s to do with the SSL maybe propagating later…

Interesting.... being forwarded by domainmanage, so possibly that ? Its all about an hour old, so as you say maybe propgating

It's because Domain Manage is not issuing parked domains with there own Certificate.
So I think you will always get this error, no matter how it is forwarded... Unless they start rolling out Certs for each parked Domain.

The certificate that is being issued is for domainmanage.co.uk only
Okay. So i guess short of setting up own dns etc no way of doing it correctly.

Would be fab if you could forward from nominet control panel.

I guess that also means everyone on domainmanage is getting these warnings for everything

Okay. So i guess short of setting up own dns etc no way of doing it correctly.

Would be fab if you could forward from nominet control panel.

I guess that also means everyone on domainmanage is getting these warnings for everything

Can you not do it via cloudflare? using their free certificate and forwarding

Can you not do it via cloudflare? using their free certificate and forwarding

Yeah probably. It’s just the thought of dealing with nearly 400 domains that I already have on domainmanage is nit filling my heart with joy. I literally just got into cloudflare yesterday after Ryan’s suggestion in a dns conversation. I’ve literally only found out tonight on this thread that there’s an ssl issue with domain manage.

why can’t all this stuff just work lol. I was trying to streamline stuff , not make it more complicated.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom